Fly Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Nicholas, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    So I am thinking of getting into Fly Fishing, what's it gonna cost folks? Besides the trips to MT what is the gear gonna run? Trout are calling my name! Their saying Nicholas, spend more money, come and get me!

:wave:

2. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    Bps has some starting outfits that will be around $70 witht the backing, flyline, and a leader. You can use regular mono for the tippet (that you tie onto the leader so you dont use up all of the tapered 7-9 foot leader thats tied onto the floating flyline.

then all you really need is a couple flies and you will be set. Id say a pretty decent ready to fish set up with flies will run ya under $80 for one that hasa 1 year FULL guarantee.

Ive been flyfishing since i was little and half the time i work in the flyshop at bps. Come up sometime and ill set ya all up if ya want.:cheers:

3. deerkiller012

deerkiller012 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city
    Don't even get me started on how much I love fly fishing

just ask yote killer how much I love FLY FISHING

4. coyotekilller

coyotekilller New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    its true he cant get enough of it, but seriously, i love fly fishing and have an orvis rod and fin-nor reel. i couldnt afford it but my uncle gave it to me and i love it. if your gonna be fishing for trout in missouri id get a 5 wt rod, my dad has a st croix combo that was around 150 its real nice. just get a starter kit and for flies get a few white poopers for bluegill, streamers for bass, and some caddis fly and nymph patterns
    good luck:eek:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

And when it comes time to cook those Missouri trout.....cook trout on a shingle, throw trout away and eat the shingle!!!

I've never been trout fishing with any of my 3 flyrods, but I've sure caught alot of bass, BIG bluegill, crappie, catfish, and even 2 snapping turtles.....you purists would hang me!!!lol

there's gotta be a YMBAR joke in there somewhere!!!

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    10 pointer that would be great! $80.00 sounds like a heck of a deal to start a new sport! I say start! How about a rig at that price and tell me when I can meet up with you to get it started? Let me know! My u2u is good, or gnv@consultant.com, or gnv@mail.com, or even 314-304-1038 if you will sir!
    :cheers:

7. huntingmo

huntingmo New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Limbo
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

8. pa_yote_hunter

pa_yote_hunter New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Polk County, MO
    i lvoe flyfishing.....thats about the only thing that gets me through my year up here in Penn. great flyfishing around here!!

9. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    well i need to see what my work schedule is this week and i could meet you up there even if I dont gotta work one of the nights. Even if im not working i find myself up there spending money:bangin:

10. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Great, now I got someone else to spend my money! Great!
    :wave: