Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking of getting into Fly Fishing, what's it gonna cost folks? Besides the trips to MT what is the gear gonna run? Trout are calling my name! Their saying Nicholas, spend more money, come and get me!

:wave:

·
1,051 Posts
Bps has some starting outfits that will be around $70 witht the backing, flyline, and a leader. You can use regular mono for the tippet (that you tie onto the leader so you dont use up all of the tapered 7-9 foot leader thats tied onto the floating flyline.

then all you really need is a couple flies and you will be set. Id say a pretty decent ready to fish set up with flies will run ya under $80 for one that hasa 1 year FULL guarantee.

Ive been flyfishing since i was little and half the time i work in the flyshop at bps. Come up sometime and ill set ya all up if ya want.:cheers:

·
Registered
421 Posts
its true he cant get enough of it, but seriously, i love fly fishing and have an orvis rod and fin-nor reel. i couldnt afford it but my uncle gave it to me and i love it. if your gonna be fishing for trout in missouri id get a 5 wt rod, my dad has a st croix combo that was around 150 its real nice. just get a starter kit and for flies get a few white poopers for bluegill, streamers for bass, and some caddis fly and nymph patterns
good luck:eek:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
And when it comes time to cook those Missouri trout.....cook trout on a shingle, throw trout away and eat the shingle!!!

I've never been trout fishing with any of my 3 flyrods, but I've sure caught alot of bass, BIG bluegill, crappie, catfish, and even 2 snapping turtles.....you purists would hang me!!!lol

there's gotta be a YMBAR joke in there somewhere!!!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10 pointer that would be great! $80.00 sounds like a heck of a deal to start a new sport! I say start! How about a rig at that price and tell me when I can meet up with you to get it started? Let me know! My u2u is good, or [email protected], or [email protected], or even 314-304-1038 if you will sir!
:cheers:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
And when it comes time to cook those Missouri trout.....cook trout on a shingle, throw trout away and eat the shingle!!!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
10 pointer that would be great! $80.00 sounds like a heck of a deal to start a new sport! I say start! How about a rig at that price and tell me when I can meet up with you to get it started? Let me know! My u2u is good, or [email protected], or [email protected], or even 314-304-1038 if you will sir!
:cheers:
well i need to see what my work schedule is this week and i could meet you up there even if I dont gotta work one of the nights. Even if im not working i find myself up there spending money:bangin:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great, now I got someone else to spend my money! Great!
:wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts