Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went trotlining last night with my two oldest sons, these were the three best fish out of six, had a total of 4 flats and two channel. im on the right and zacks on the left holding what looks like a fish thats been caught before ? we had a great night with lots of good memories!! you fellows out there with kids, take them with you! they will never forget it.

Attachments

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Nice flatties.. gosh, aint they purty??:cheers:

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
SWEET! What river, and what kinda bait?! MAN! I need to get out there SOON!

Parker
My thoughts, EXACTLY!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
My guess is cut shad...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by rat
My guess is cut shad...
HEHEHE! I'd put $100 down to say that you're wrong, cause you rarely catch flatheads on dead bait, and you're SURE not going to catch several of them on dead bait. They prefer the lively wiggle of a green ear, or bullhead, or goldfish.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I defer to the experts!!:eek:

·
5,632 Posts
Parker's right on this one. WE NEED DETAILS!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I've heard that carp minnows are deadly too, but I've never had the chance to use them.

I sure like the life rate of lil' bullheads!

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Ok... trotlines..

I have heard of folks catching big blues and flatheads alike rod/and/reel near the
lock and dams at Alton on the Miss.

I'm curious now!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we caught these on stockton, most people dont believe me when i tell them but i mainly always use cut carp, about one inch square. when i use bigger then that, i dont catch hardly anything. buffalo is also a good choice. these were caught on carp. i go to live bait in june, july, august. then back to cut carp or buffalo in september. get out there boys, there biteing.

david

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Im a veteran softshell turtle and gar trotliner!! lol

I never could seem to score cats doing this. I need to know what I was doing wrong!

BTW... we used goldfish and this deal called water-dogs.. some sort of aquatic salamander or something.

We checked one night and our line was out of the water and up on the shore..
Pulling hard too.. turns out, there was a 30" **** hooked up!! Remember it well.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
:bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

I stand corrected! Yep....trapper....that is hard to believe, but you got the pics to prove it buddy! Nice catch for sure. No blues mixed in using cut bait though? :confused: That's an interesting night of fishing.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
hmmm carp eh?

Rat reckons he was close, anyways...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.