fitness guys

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Bowhunter4life, May 27, 2009.

1. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Alright im gonna whip myself back into shape. I am not horribly out of shape but i used to be in alot better shape. Im gonna start runnin, but as far as the lifting goes i need some guidence. I wanna do an all around program. ANyone have any suggestions or wanna help me get plan together

2. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    thats kinda who im aiming for

3. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    If you listen to Gakic he will have you doing Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies

4. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Im 5'9" and weigh in at a mean lean 240lbs what ya wanna know.:D

5. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    honestly it depends on your goals, if your wanting to slim down and do cardio then Gakic can help you out, if your wanting to bulk up and be a muscle head then he would not be the guy you would want to talk to for advice, maybe LB for that, you dont want to listen to my advice because i over train and thats not always good either, but i dont care about running a marathon i just like to look big

6. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    i dont wanna be a body builder by no means. Im like 5' 9" and 210 but i gurantee from the pics you would guess me lighter. I have muscle there i just wanna look more cut.

7. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Working out is the easy part....diet is what you gotta be strict on if you want to "tone" up.

8. Trykon_Buck

Trykon_Buck Active Member

9. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Key to any of it is to dial your diet in

10. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    im all for the diet. i dont wanna reallly join a program though

11. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    no need to,

here's a simply formula to figure your Resting Metabolic Rate ( calories you need to just maintain and live)

10×weight + 6.25×height - 5×age + 5

take that times your activity level

sedentary (1.200)
    lightly active (1.375)
    moderately active (1.550)
    very active (1.725)
    extra active (1.900)

then just subtract 20% of those calories to lose weight and fat

you can come up with good foods to eat to fill those calories on your own, break it down into 4 or 5 meals a day

fitday.com has a free online nutrition journal that really helps track your macro nutrients

12. good for ya to get back with it. i know the feeling. well, in the most straight up way of sayin it, just look at the first pic of my last thread. i know it sounds stupid and i feel retarded but if thats kinda in a way your route i could u2u you basically what i do.

13. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    lungbuster, ya hit me with a u2u. Like to see what you are doing

14. gimme a sec and i'll send it

15. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    I wanna be big and strong like Blev.

16. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
  17. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Only thing you need to Know is CROSSFIT....

Marshall dont know jack... Its not all cardio... Its not about being Huge, its about being "fit".

http://crossfit.com/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7VE-LYKFy0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7VE-LYKFy0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    Gakic, thats what im going for, fit and cut. do you use the cross fit program