Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by truehunter, Mar 5, 2018.

1. truehunter

truehunter Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    So how’s the trout fishing going in MO ? Thinking about heading to maramec this week or next . How about Bennett and are they good size ?
  2. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Been awhile since I've gone. I've had the best of luck at Bennett and Montauck personally.

3. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    If you had checked the trout fishing section. you get a first person perspective of how it has been going for me. It's high an really dingy, but the fishing is great.

It's been easy peasy. Caught 12 in an hour opening morning and then went back Saturday morning and probably caught 20-25 again. Black/yellow marabou jig and an orange trout worm drifted beneath a float near the bottom has been tearing them up.
  4. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    They are trout parks, it isn't difficult. There are always dinks in the streams to catch.
  5. bassbuster83

bassbuster83 Active Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Fished Montauk an maramec first 4 days. Personally like Montauk since it's bigger an can get away from folks esp with waders. Prob caught 150 fish or so only fishing couple hours each day. I did see 3 lunkers caught at maramec yesterday. They are always biting on something so it's pretty easy.
  6. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I fished Montauk Sunday afternoon. Water was dingy and fast. Could not see fish, but they were there. Did not see very many fish being caught. John Deere Green mini-jig floated at about 2 1/2 - 3 ft. deep (depending on water level) appeared to me to be the most consistent producer. ;)

Fish were smaller than I expected, mostly less than 12" with some nice ones and dinks mixed in.
    Crappie likes this.