Fishing Tournament benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

Discussion in 'Fishing With a Disability' started by josten367, Feb 9, 2012.

1. josten367

josten367 Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Northern Boone County
    Many of you are probably familiar with the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) in one way or another. They are a charitable organization with the following purpose:

To raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members.
    To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
    To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.

I gained familiarity with the WWP from outdoor television shows where they take wounded warriors on donated hunting and fishing trips. However, the WWP does FAR more than just that. Please take a look at their website and the video below:

A friend of mine from my hometown, SSG Josh Nickels, contacted me a few weeks ago about helping him coordinate a crappie fishing tournament benefiting the WWP. As much as everyone knows that I hate to fish, I agreed. The tournament will take place on May 12th (originally scheduled for May 5th as you will notice in the link below). Boaters will host an active duty, retired, reserve/guard, or a soldier from the Warrior Transition Unit from Fort Leonard Wood. The fishing tournament is strictly a charity event, and ALL proceeds go to the WWP. Please take a look at the attached fliers.

If you, a family member, or a friend would like to host a soldier in your boat and fish in the tournament, please let me know. If you don't fish, and would still like to donate to the WWP through this event, you can do so online at the following address:

Thank you for your support!

2. TATER

TATER Well-Known Member

That is awesome! :eek:: I participate in a similar endeavour called Fishing for Freedom at Truman Lake - We need to do more to show our appreciation to our service people. And once you participate in one of these are HOOKED (pun intended)

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
  4. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County