Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for places where you can camp on a river and just fish this spring.
Started looking through state park websites and its really painstaking and everything looks packed to the gills right next to eachother....

Just looking for somewhere relatively quiet/private on the water that I can pull my truck next to, pitch a tent, and me my girl and dog and stay a couple nights sinking bait for catfish and casting for bass. Don't need bath houses or toilets or anything like that. (obviously without trespassing)

Any other sportsmen's have recommendations for something like this?

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Try looking up Mdc river accesses. Some allow camping

· Banned
24,478 Posts
Try looking up Mdc river accesses. Some allow camping
You can have a campfire and fish all night but they told us no tents or sleeping bags. Lol

· Banned
81,617 Posts

· Part-time malcontent
8,455 Posts
There are some MDC accesses that allow camping, but most I've seen that do, you're taking your chances that the local river partiers won't show up and spoil your evening. There are also a number of Forest Service campgrounds along some of the rivers and a few lakes. You just have to research it and give it a try. Finding a spot to yourselves in warmer weather is a challenge on public lands or private campgrounds. If you're alright with camping in cooler weather you will have better chances of some solitude.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Lead Mine has two places to camp by the river fishing you are stuck in one spot some Catfish and other fish.

They have a better spot with Toilet Horse Riders camp at the other end

Nice Mennonite Store couple miles away and they have another store with good Restaurant

oneshot

:D The Big Grin use to live there.

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Upper Jacks Fork River has several campgrounds that you won’t have to yourself but get a lot less traffic than most. Rymer, Bay Creek, and Blue Spring. Shawnee Creek on the lower will get more traffic but is still a lot better than anywhere in town.

If you don’t mind jetboats, Jerktail or Blue Spring on the Current are options. Blue Spring often has trailers running generators.

If you have a canoe or your own kayaks, you can put in at Williams Landing on the Current, float a few miles and camp on a gravel bar, completely secluded. Then take out at Jerktail. It’s only about an hour hike back to the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.