Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a conflict with the traditional F & F date (which is normally the Saturday of President's Day weekend) being on Valentines Day this year (and having heard from several emasculated men who said they wouldn't be in attendance if it was on VD), the date for F & F 5 has been moved. The date for the 2009 Fish and Fowl Fry is Saturday Feb 7. Fish and Fowl Fry is held at the Bachelor Ranch doublewide on the east side of the KC Metro (u2u me if you'd like to attend and need directions). It is an annual occasion for outdoors folks to get together and eat some fish and wild game, hoist a libation or two, and tell some tall tales. There is floor space for out of towners who would like to throw down a sleeping bag and spend the night. The are numerous hotels and motels in the area if you'd prefer to go that route. All are welcome but there has been a tendency for it to get a little "salty" later in the day. Expect lots of duck and goose calling. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend.
Tater

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
If you allow grunt calling and ScentLock you may get more people to show up.:peepwall::hysterical::rof2:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Run Fish run (in a a forrest gump voice)

they want to fry you up

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'mon Fishy! It's OK You don't need to be skeert!:peepwall: :) :wave:

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan,
u2u back atcha!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was asked for a little more info on this shindig. Officially it starts on Saturday morning but in reality it usually starts on Friday night and ends sometime on Sunday! There are usually 50 - 60 folks who will pass through at some point during the day/night and more are welcome. Be nice to put a name with a face. I encourage all who plan on imbibing adult beverages to bring a sleeping bag and pillow and we will find them some floor space. A big breakfast is served on Sunday morning for the holdovers. BTW For those interested...There is usually a Texas Hold-Em game that will run most of the day as well..

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
Run Fish run (in a a forrest gump voice)

they want to fry you up
:scared:

·
Registered
69,553 Posts
I hear tell that there may be some of "Mailmans Balls" there.

Only if the Deer Gods smile down on me real soon....:bowing:

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Tater - Ya forgot to mention that folks needs to brang their own beverages. Be nice if they brought a side dish or sumpin also.:eek::

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
I imagine that Rick Hahne will be there also if ya needs a duck call.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Originally posted by DADAKOTA
Tater - Ya forgot to mention that folks needs to brang their own beverages. Be nice if they brought a side dish or sumpin also.:eek::
Mailman's bringing his balls. What else do we need??:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
69,553 Posts
I imagine that Rick Hahne will be there also if ya needs a duck call.
DADAKOTA .....I wonder if Rick will have another raffle for one of his calls?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by DanF
Timmy, we smokin Friday night???
But of course! If it's up to Eddie the party will start on Wednesday.. definetly by Thursday! ;) I will probably take off on Friday and spend the day smoking ducks, spoonbill, salmon and the makings for pulled pork sammiches. :rock:

Peeps do need to bring their own favorite beverage and more grub is always welcome. A camp chair to sit on might be a good idea too!:eek::

·
6,643 Posts
You know I'm in. Course I told you that last night when I was at your place.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by kc704
You know I'm in. Course I told you that last night when I was at your place.
Chris,
I'm excited that your dad is gonna make it! :rock:

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Son of Mailman
Mailman's bringing his balls. What else do we need??:rof2::rof2::rof2:
Steve you gonna be in attendance this year?:confused: Hope so!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts