Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went bowhunting for the first time this weekend and I can see how someone can really get into this sport. I had a little doe walk out into the field I was on but she never gave me a clear shot plus she was on the wrong side for me to get a clear shot. This is alot different than rifle hunting. Once you see them with a bow the hunt is really just starting unlike a rifle were that is about the end of the hunt. Not to mention how much closer you have to be. This is an awesome way to hunt:banana-man-yeah:

·
Trapper Groupie
7,708 Posts
Yep,up close and personal.I like to get em close enough where I can smell the acorns on their breath.:wave:

·
17,674 Posts
If you think it's awesome now, just wait till your first bow harvest. It will completely turn you off of gun hunting. Welcome to the sickness brotha!:cheers::woot:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:DYou will learn a lot about deer habits by bow hunting & be prepared to spend lots of money on it:claphands:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
yep, what's not to like? You can spend more days in the woods becoming a much more knowledgable student of your quarry!!!!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:cheers: HOOKED for sure.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Bowhunting will make you a more patient gun hunter as well!!!! Welcome to the sickness!!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The longer season is a big part of why I started with the bow. Sittin out in the woods and it being really quiet and not sounding like a warzone is another big plus that I have found

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
I love the challenge. There is just something about being so close you can see their eyelashes. All I gotta do now is shoot one and I can become a bonafide bowhunter.:woot:

·
5,092 Posts
this is a photo from my first bow kill 30 years ago. pse bow, gamegetter arrows, fred bear broadheads, army jacket, bib overalls and white Nike tennis shoes. it's a life long passion for sure. welcome aboard. :cheers:

[file]83225[/file]

[Edited on 12/9/2009 by citybowhunter]

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Thats why I have enjoyed bowhunting as well . It's more hunting than shooting. I have learned more about deer behavior by observation rather than shooting.
I still put enough venison in the freezer to keep me enthused. Bowhunting is mostly preparation and setup for the shot, the rest is shooting and tracking skills.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
Nuttin much better....good luck, post pics when ya score.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts