Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I went out and shot in the side yard tonight. Shot at 60 and he lost a couple arrows past the target (his first time past 30). We then moved back up and was shooting at 20 yards. When the arrow hit, we both turned to each other and said...."that didn't sound right".

We both walked up and saw that I was now one arrow shorter! Don't have a pic because it got dark fast, but will try to have one tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to me! :cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
Originally posted by JarJar
We both walked up and saw that I was now one arrow shorter!
Correction. Two arrows shorter.

Bitter sweet victory. Some rat told me this.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Happy birthday to you Jarjar!
Nice shooting too!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Congrats !!

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by venatic
Originally posted by JarJar
We both walked up and saw that I was now one arrow shorter!
Correction. Two arrows shorter.

Bitter sweet victory. Some rat told me this.

Congratulations.
Venatic,
the arrow that went into the other is still ok, it kinda went sideways out the side of the other arrow. It pushed the nock down the other's shaft and was just kinda "spit" out the side, but is still ok.....so just one arrow short for now.:D

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes...so far the day has been a good one!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pinwheel,

It kinda seperated itself...the shot arrow was just laying over the others when we got to the target...

When I go and get another set of arrows, I will put it back ;) but for now, it is nice to have that "extra" arrow for practice.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
double congrats:cheers:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Happy birthday and good shootting.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that I am done shooting.

Tonight I was shooting at 30 yards and did it again:banana:....man this is starting to get expensive:whinging:. Didn't split the arrow as much, but it can't be used any more. The shot arrow kinda jumped up about an inch after it hit the arrow, which made it only split the nock and about an inch of the shaft....

I am attaching a picture... the top arrow is yesterday's Robin hood, at 20 yards and the bottom arrow is today's, at 30 yards.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wife just saw the second Robin Hood and says that I now am only allowed to shoot one at a time....:stickfight:

I told her I only shoot one at a time anyway....:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I try to concentrate on different dots on my target...if I can punch the 2" circles on the block with my five arrows, I'm good...keeps the fletchings and robin hoods to a minimum, and makes you change and compensate for each individual aiming point... .02

You are having some good luck...maybe go play some golf tomorrow or get a lottery ticket!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.