Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Wy. I probably saw at least 100 goats a day at the water hole and couldn't tell you how many driving around. I passed a giant the first night not wanting to be stuck at camp while everyone else was hunting. Big mistake. Day 2 a brought on some cold weather and a front. Started to spit rain. Rain will end your archery antelope hunt as the animals will not come to the water holes, not something that was very comforting in my mind so on day 2 I shot this average goat. Very happy with my first antelope though I saw LOTS more that were twice as big. 2 guys in camp waited and didn't get their goats though they passed numerous including many Pope and Young antlope. I did pass some PnY's on day one but feel privilaged even to have taken one of these beutiful critters. I highly reccomend this hunt.

[file]7829[/file]

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Too cool.. congrats!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,294 Posts
Nothing wrong with that! Nice one rakman!:eek:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
rak, are you a commercial pilot? You look familiar!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We hunted from ground blinds over water sources. The shot was 25 yards. here is a pic from out of the blind of a doe and fawn watering. The blinds were framed out of 2x4's and used carpet turned in so the dull tan side faces out. Holes are cut in and so shots may be taken as well as viewing. Thanks for the complements.

[file]7832[/file]

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,294 Posts
Nice pics! Sure is something different to see.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
thats great
did you use a outfitter?
and if ya dont mind me asking
what was the cost?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.