First injury

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by MajorWyss, Nov 13, 2010.

1. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    Looks like Audrain has our first injury of the firearms season. I don't know if it's the first one statewide, but I doubt it. Someone fell 18' from their stand and broke both legs. Helicopter is on the way now to fly them out. Prayers go out to this hunter for a speedy recovery! Wear those harnesses!

2. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    :praying: thats to bad for him and his family, i just about went nuts with one broken legs cant imagine both

3. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

A buddy I work with's Dad fell out of his stand getting in. Luckily he had his phone on him as my buddy doesn't hunt. My friend had to drive home to get his truck and then out to his property. His dad fell before dark. He didn't get to him until 10:30. He couldn't get him up because of the pain (why his dad didn't call 911 is beyond me). Anyway, ambulance couldn't get to him so the parametics strapped him to a board and had to take him in a pick up. Turns out he broke his back. No spinal cord damage, so he's going to be OK. They are saying a week or so in the hospital and then a few months bed rest.

4. CFD

CFD New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    da back woods!!
    Yeah i heard that helicopter today going through Mexico hoping it wasnt something like that!

5. MADMAX1972

MADMAX1972 New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Laquey, MO
  6. 0311missouri

0311missouri Senior Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Excello, Mo
    i seen several helicopters flying over macon today

7. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Cell phone social locator, I have my wife activate it when I go out. Just in case.

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    dang hadn't heard that

9. zuke

zuke New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Hunter from Washington was going on Augusta Bottom Road (not sure if Warren or St. Charles County) and went off the road (the road is 18 feet high from the Missouri River bottom at some points) around 4:30 or 5 in the morning. Died. Careful out there folks!