Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going thru some old pics and found this pic of my first deer from 1978 on my grandads place. Shot it with a Winchester 30-30. I scanned it and uploaded to photobucket.

I thought it would be good if everyone could post pics of their first deer. If your first deer was before cameras were invented maybe you can just post the first pic you have...but I wanna see some old photos if ya can get em into your computer.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's a 72 Chevy Blazer....loved that truck. Dad sold it in 82. Found one just like it on ebay a couple years ago...wish I had bought it.

·
17,685 Posts
:kewlpics: Old 30-30's are sure hard to beat:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Them old Blazers were great to- I just remember the old scouts seemed to go anywhere just about.
My first deer was an 8 point basket type rack- he came running in on me straight for me and I shot him in the throat at about 10 feet from me- dropped and rolled almost to me. I wish I would have gotten pics of it now.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad used to always say..."Roads never end for Blazers"... I kid you not that's exactly what he'd say. He loved to load up the whole family...mom, myself, three sister, and little brother and go "boondocking"...anyone heard that word? We'd just drive around in the country preferrably off road. Mom would say..."you're gonna get stuck" and he'd say "roads never end for Blazers"..... We only got stuck twice and boy was he stuck....that's one thing about a blazer or scout..when its stuck it's usually REALLY STUCK!!!

Great memories.....now how bout some old pics?????

·
17,685 Posts
Originally posted by archer66
My dad used to always say..."Roads never end for Blazers"... I kid you not that's exactly what he'd say. He loved to load up the whole family...mom, myself, three sister, and little brother and go "boondocking"...anyone heard that word? We'd just drive around in the country preferrably off road. Mom would say..."you're gonna get stuck" and he'd say "roads never end for Blazers"..... We only got stuck twice and boy was he stuck....that's one thing about a blazer or scout..when its stuck it's usually REALLY STUCK!!!

Great memories.....now how bout some old pics?????
Sorry no pics, but think I've still got some old tickets laying around for going 4 -wheeelin or Mudding is what we called it. I remember 1 night in Mokane we were mudding and Callaway Counties finest showed up and I said were stuck and they said what's this were, you mean your stuck. And I still got a ticket:mad2:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
sorry archer- I didn't mean to get the thread all changed up on ya. Back to the old pics for archers request please - my bad. SD

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Skydogg67
sorry archer- I didn't mean to get the thread all changed up on ya. Back to the old pics for archers request please - my bad. SD
Hey no problem...I'll talk about anything....

·
6,643 Posts
Sweet Blazer Archer. I have a buddy that bought one a few years back. Needs some body work, but runs good. I am betting he'd sell it now too. Just doesn't have the cash to work on it. I'd like to have it, but wife says I have too many projects and toys as it is. 1978 was a good year to be born in too!!

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
"boondocking". Great memories.....now how bout some old pics?????
Boondocking, the process of getting from point A to point B in the boondocks. Look it up in the ******* Funk and Wagnall.:cheers:
I remember my Dad having a pumpkin orange Scout, he plowed snow with it, took off the hard top and hauled fire wood with it, pulled stumps and whatever else you could imagine. Me, I'm more of the Toyota FJ 40 kinda guy tho.
No pics of my first deer, but it was a little basket rack 8 pointer off family land. Running full tilt across a field on a drive.... 3 strides after the shot and he did a couple of barrel rolls and that was that.:cheers:

·
19,583 Posts

If your first deer was before cameras were invented maybe you can just post the first pic you have...
:rof2:

Here's mine...Smithville Lake, 1992

[file]44634[/file]

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[

Sorry no pics, but think I've still got some old tickets laying around for going 4 -wheeelin or Mudding is what we called it. I remember 1 night in Mokane we were mudding and Callaway Counties finest showed up and I said were stuck and they said what's this were, you mean your stuck. And I still got a ticket:mad2:[/quote]

Oh yea we used to mud down there in them old bottoms as well, used to go to "Okie Fonokie" and have a good ol time, thats where big foot lived

·
17,685 Posts
Marshall been there done that and got the shirt man:2thumbsup:

·
Lunch break commander
8,340 Posts
there will never be a deer bigger than this one for me, well I take that back when my boys get their first that will change. anyway this deer came after severl years of trying and not having anyone to show me the ropes. killed it on public land near the current river and I can still show you the exact spot that I and the deer were standing. I think I shook more over this little deer than my biggest buck.

I threw the hide in the freezer intending on perserving it and needless to say I forgot about it until last year. It had been in the freezer for 10 years.
Believer it or not I thawed it and salted it and now it hangs on my wall.

I think it was sweeter doing it now rather than then because it brought back so much memory.

·
Registered
69,536 Posts
Not my first but maybe somewhere around my 10th. Most of my earlier photos are with my X mother in law....and I ain't asking her for them. This was taken in 1975 and with me about 70 lbs lighter and more hair.

And as for the Jeep....parts from 6 different vehicles and a big V8 in it. That baby would go anywhere. It's the one you used to pull out those 72 Blazers and Scouts that got stuck...:whistle:

[file]44645[/file]

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I don't have any pics of my first fifty or sixty deer. Didn't start takin pics untill maybe 10 years ago. I can remember the first one like yesterday though. It was a doe I killed in 76. I can still see her standing out in the corn stubble when I shot and the pure joy when I walked up on her after a 70 yard blood trail. Believe me when I tell ya a 13 year old kid can really get excited.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts