First Buck of the year down gasconade county

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by DUTCHMAN, Nov 2, 2010.

1. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    Here it is boys my Gasconade county 9 Pointer from Nov 1st. I was about 25 feet high in my honey whole tree with a wind comeing outa of the north and overcast skys. As soon as i got into the tree i had a fork horn come by feeding on acorns at about 5:15. Seen the next does come through about 6:05. At about 6:15 this guy came through at about 55 yards through some thicker brush. He came in on my right and went behind me, i then grunted he stoped looked at me then kept walking. I figured the night was over i sat down text a friend or two that i had seen a decent one. At about 6:20 i heard footsteps behind me and he was 30 yards closeing the distance. Its really thick behind me so when i seen him heading to my shooting lane i came to full draw and waited. he started to walk through my shooting lane at 25 yards and i let the arrow fly while he was walking/quartering away. Witch i will never do again. My shot was a little left i hit him square in the hind quarter and came out the other side in the first row of ribs. He ran about 20 yards stoped and looked back then started getting a little light on the feet and feel over. He got back up fell over again and then started to do what i call the death roll. The QUEST PRIAML with the G5 T3 broad heads did an amazing job. I credit my fast bow and amazing broad heads for the kill it was by far the worst shot i have ever made on a deer and he only ran 20 yards.

[file]145436[/file]

[file]145434[/file]

2. Dirtdog

Dirtdog Active Member

Jul 23, 2009

3. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

:eek:::eek::

Did you catch the artery or something?

4. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    Yea the blood trail was unreal i guess i got the aorta artery i would assume def not the bucks i been getting on camera but hes best one i have seen in stand this year so far!!!

5. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Congrats you look really pumped

6. ckbuck

ckbuck New Member

Feb 24, 2010
  7. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    Lol everyone i have showed that pic to talks about my expresion on my face lol I was alot happier than i looked lol that was like the 20th pic with someone who cant use a camera thats best pic out of 20 so i went with it lol!!!

8. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    very nice. not bad at all. i probably would have shot em

9. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    [rquote=1876211&tid=130684&author=DUTCHMAN]Lol everyone i have showed that pic to talks about my expresion on my face lol I was alot happier than i looked lol that was like the 20th pic with someone who cant use a camera thats best pic out of 20 so i went with it lol!!![/rquote]

It looks like you just got done killing it with your bare hands. And your getting ready to eat the heart raw.

Crazy eyes :eek:

10. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    That's the same spot my girlfriend hit her first deer with the bow. Sometimes it pays to be lucky. I hope that when I hit one back like that, it hits that artery and the deer dies a quick death. Love the face lol. :claphands:

11. :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

12. lma

lma Active Member

:eek:::claphands::claphands:

13. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    Yea bad shot placement but it worked

14. bigm

bigm New Member

Aug 24, 2010