Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Mt Sterling, Mo
ive seen hens running round since season ended ,,,,all times of day ...and not one poult seen

Registered
Will be a PHR of significantly less than 1:1. What鈥檚 new? From what I鈥檝e seen 0.8:1 at best. Yep, everything is just dandy in MO.

Under appreciated
Maybe we can trade Florida for some Burmese Pythons. I just read an article that stated that from 1997 to 2013 the raccon population was 99% lower and the possum population was 98%.馃
They are getting bad. I was just in SW florida visiting some aquatic applicator companies a couple weeks ago and they are saying pythons are out of control.

That and Melaleuca quinquenervia...

Under appreciated
Without looking that up, I'm gonna guess that is ....Iguana????
It is an imported tree that was supposed to help with surface water control but it basically turns into an impenetrable forest in almost no time at all, spreads like wildfire. MAJOR problem in parts of southern florida.

Reactions: Hooks

Registered
A biologist buddy shared some really impressive poult/hen ratios in Indiana from last Spring with me today. Favorable weather conditions apparently.
Impossible!

Registered
Interesting. We had the floods during nesting but once the hatching has started it has been warm and dry. In wonder how the hatch will be this year in SWMO.

Hawk Hibernator
Turkey production goes up in a cicada year because poults and hens benefit from the availability of the abundant invertebrate food, spend less time feeding, and have less exposure to predation,鈥 explained Indiana DNR turkey biologist

Zack Dunks, a turkey biologist for Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, says the last major cicada emergence in 2008 led to a record year of wild turkey breeding and resulting poults.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts