Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after rebuilding the action on the Rem. Model 31 pump, my BIL ended up wanting it back to use for pheasants. No problem. I have my 835, but figured out a few weeks ago while we were pheasant hunting that its just not the best gun for that.

So at Christmas last night, he pulled out a gun case and said Merry Christmas.

Ended up being a Rem. 11-48 Semi auto that is in pristine condition. This was their grandfathers primary pheasant gun and he loved it. You can really tell by the shape its in. Beautiful gun.

Not real sure about the year of make, but it looks like its from the 60s. It has a really cool looking Pachmier recoil pad with some black and white lamination strips between that and the stock. Has some unique checkering on it as well. Cool gun to say the least.

So needless to say, Im tickled pink. Gotta do some light cleaning and clean up the bolt face, and then take it up the hill to see what she'll do. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

G

·
:kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics:

Did you get my U2U the other night 1Fastcam

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sure did. I got a couple knifes stacking up and am still waiting for my sander to be fixed. Might take a little while but I'll get one to you.

I would take pics of it, but the loving wife decided her shower cd player needed batteries worse than my camera.:stickfight:

G

·
Originally posted by 1FastCam
Yeah sure did. I got a couple knifes stacking up and am still waiting for my sander to be fixed. Might take a little while but I'll get one to you.

I would take pics of it, but the loving wife decided her shower cd player needed batteries worse than my camera.:stickfight:
That sound cool on the knife

Of course their stuff is more important then ours :stickfight:

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
I had an 11-48 in the waybackwhens, I think I paid about $150 for it then, I saw two today at the gun shop, they were about $600 apiece:eek::eek: Mine was a 12 with IC choke.
They are based on the Browning long recoil action (like an Auto 5) and came out about 1948, and ran until about 1958 or a little later. They and the Model 58 that replaced it, were both replaced in 1963 by the 1100.
Nice guns, they do kick a little, but keep it clean and take care of it, and it should last a VERY long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts