Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is only a doe, but now is when I usually start to fill my freezer. I had 4 does come in at 3:45 and this one gave me a 48 yard broadside shot. I don't usually take that far of a shot though I do practice it often. I actually hit a hair forward of where I wanted to, but the redhead blackout broadhead made a clean passthrough on both shoulders. Both shoulders were broke. She went 45 or 50 yards and piled up. I seen two 8 points cruising the area yesterday evening. One I believe was a possible shooter. :cheers:

[file]81649[/file]

[file]81655[/file]

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
Congrats Derek.. big ol doe there.
I know you hunted hard this year and passed some goodns.
Nice to put some brown down I bet. :eek::

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I have hunted A LOT and was ready to harvest something. I'll still hit it hard in search of a buck, but I still wouldn't mind getting a couple more does. Thanks Rat:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
[rquote=1490607&tid=104141&author=DForbis]Man I have hunted A LOT and was ready to harvest something. I'll still hit it hard in search of a buck, but I still wouldn't mind getting a couple more does. Thanks Rat:cheers:[/rquote]
man, I missed adding YOU to my post but I imagine you got my meaning.

Hard season for ya I know. Lets get us some late season bowhunting in... couple shooters left in Howard county for sure. LOL
I'm ready for some muzzloading if someone will teach me to load it. :hysterical:

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
:claphands:

Hell of a poke! Congrats.

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I can teach ya:cheers: I normally take my ML during the rifle season. I love mine!:cheers:

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shot is with a Mathews Drenalin. Carbon X-press arrows, Redhead Blackout 100gr. broadheads:cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands: Way to go.

Hope to get some stand time later in the week myself.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
A big mature doe like that after gun season is a pretty good trophy in and of itself.

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
:cheers::cheers: Congrats!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
nice shot. looking to start thinning some does out next week after the IL shotgun season ends!

nice work with the bow:cheers::cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts