Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first Mo. bird yesterday morning, right at 10am...Didn't leave the house until 830, drove around glassing fields, didn't see anything moving. I was leaving my uncles neighborhood, and stopped one last place...I walked to the field edge and owl hooted, had one gobble hard about 50 yds down in the brush. I had to drive around to my uncle's field, hike in about a quarter mile, set up a decoy, and 10 minutes later he came in from my right.
I didn't have any scales, but would guess he was around 20-22 lbs, 10 1/2" beard, haven't measured the spurs yet, but will today for pics!!! And I should know better than to reach down to grab one when they still be kickin'...he spurred me but good!!! Got a pic of dat too...lol

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
CONGRATS on getting a turkey bird! But OUCH! Ya gotta watch those spurs...:bangin:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by JarJar
CONGRATS on getting a turkey bird! But OUCH! Ya gotta watch those spurs...:bangin:
Yea, you think I'd know betta....he was done floppin, reached down, and he decided to get one last bit o' revenge!!! Oh well, I hear the chicks dig scars....lol

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Good bird fireman. Mine was completely done flopping and I spured myself on monday. Those things sure do hurt.

·
5,632 Posts
WWWOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

Way to go my brotha!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Awesome I might need to get a couple of feathers for luck....hopefully get a wet bird this weekend and Rat get his 1st bird as well. Thank goodness for pop-up blinds to stay dry.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:cheers: congrats fireman :cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
nice,thought you new better than get all bloody like that:rotfl:

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
fireman nice looking 3 year old.

oneshot
:D The Big Grins ready for a Turkey fry.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
Good Job!:wink4:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.