Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fireman & Pipe....here\'s your grunt tubes

Fireman,

I got your grunt tube done. Hope its too your liking, and I SURE hope you kill a deer with it this year. This stuff is colorwood. First time I've ever used it......I'm used to using dymondwood. The dymondwood polishes up easier.

Hoytshooter....this is the chunk of orange stuff that you got for me. Thanks!

Parker

[file]8192[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And....it looks like from here, the list goes like this:

pipe, JMAC, clansey, Nicholas, cfraz, DSG, gutpile and Hoytaholic.

Duck calls are swmo, rebel, wingmaninmo, Nicholas and Original Al.

Have I got this right? If you're not interested any more, please just let me know by U2U.

These things take a WHILE to make, so I don't know when I'll get to everyone. I've got to get out and try to bag a buck next week #1.

And pipe....if you're still wanting one, you're next on the list, and it should be done tomorrow. I'll put the photo of it on this thread too, and change the name of the title when I do.

Parker

·
5,631 Posts
UUUHHHHH..........JMAC!!!!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
UUUHHHHH..........JMAC!!!!!!
Oops! Sorry dude! Man.....you're going to owe me a LOT of butt kickings now when we get together again....

I was trying to pick everyone out of the old thread in the right order. You're in there, in the right place now.

Parker

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
hey, can't let the other members get one up on me, looks like you need to get to work on another duck call.:wave:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
hey, can't let the other members get one up on me, looks like you need to get to work on another duck call.:wave:
Okay, I'll get you on the list sir!

Parker

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
:banana::banana::banana:
Im getting a call,. I m getting a call :D
Your getting a call from your mamma!

Was I on the duck call list also sir! I hope so!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Nicholas
Your getting a call from your mamma!

Was I on the duck call list also sir! I hope so!
:eek: The deer grunter AND the duck call? Is that correct? WILL DO! :cheers:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pipe, U2U your way. Your call is just about done. Its a wormy maple. Stand by for a photo.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And here is the other side. I went into the worm holes and accented them so they'd show up better. I like it.....sure hope you do.

This second picture shows the color of the wood a little better too. That first one is a little bright.

Parker

[file]8231[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Parker... yepper I cant wait for the duck call.. fo sho..

BTW.. being im half retarded.. i havent mailed you a check yet.. ill get on er tomorrow.. need to send you my dads turk call, the glue deally thing...

:cheers:
Alright, just send them together then.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by r2ahunter
Hey parker,

Can you do anything with oak thats about 100 years old or would it be to hard and brittle:confused:
Just as long as its not checked or cracked, there would be no problem at all. There's nothing wrong with old wood as long as it is holding up goo. No problem turning oak.

If you want a grunter or a duck call out of it, I need a 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" by 8" peice square.

If you want a turkey call out of it, I need a 3/4" by 5" by 5" peice, if its an inch thick, I'll need a 20" board of it or so, so I can run it through the planer to get it down to 3/4". Its got to be 3/4" thick one way or another.

Parker

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've got an 100 year old barn and its falln down Ive got some awesome peices that could be worked with. Made the mrs. a nice quilt rack and the wood is just plain purdy. I'll see what I can get to you.:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.