Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didn't see you guys today at the shoot ,we got there early and shot it out pretty quick. had a bunch of motherinlaw stuff that i had to do.how yah shoot.i sucked big time put one of those fiber optic sights on and it is gonna take some gettin use to for sure,not near like the cross hair sight that i have used for a long time.i gonna have to buy some more arrows before i go again.:rotfl:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
We figured we'd just missed you...We both got there around 830. Had a pretty good turnout, had over 90 today. I even hit the elk several times at the longshoot!!!lol.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
we looked for you too finally thought you just didn't make it. we started about 830 or so and shoot the a side frist. took a little break and shot the b side got done about 1130 then sit around till the long shoot and flung a few for giggles...then went and clapped for those that got awards and left about 330.

brad got frist in the traditional again.....and for those wondering there was more than one entry....

i moved up from last month but still alot closer to the bottom than the top of my class
i tell you what the scores the last two months have been really good at mexico. 36 targets and many shot on the plus side.

of the three months they have had shoots a women shot the all time course high today with a 396 unreal

ended up with a 275 myself today still have lots of room for improvement here .........but my bow stayed in one peice!!!!!!!!!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think we were done by ten,but we starting shooting at 7.i didn't even add my score figure it would just tee me off.brad won first?:cheers: i know there was at least one other person shooting it and he used to be a really good shot.brad must have been hot today.david got through it without blowing anything up and did pretty good.he shot a 362 in mens release so he is getting back in the swing of it,by a couple of more he will be winning again.me on the other hand have a long ways to go.he put a pill bottle over his fiber stuff and really toned it down to a small dot.i tried that this evening and it worked really well.i could really fine line it to where i was aiming so hopefully that will help get up in the scoring better.dont remember what the winner was on release do you?

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
i think we were done by ten,but we starting shooting at 7.i didn't even add my score figure it would just tee me off.brad won first?:cheers: i know there was at least one other person shooting it and he used to be a really good shot.brad must have been hot today.david got through it without blowing anything up and did pretty good.he shot a 362 in mens release so he is getting back in the swing of it,by a couple of more he will be winning again.me on the other hand have a long ways to go.he put a pill bottle over his fiber stuff and really toned it down to a small dot.i tried that this evening and it worked really well.i could really fine line it to where i was aiming so hopefully that will help get up in the scoring better.dont remember what the winner was on release do you?
Can't remember exactly, but seems it was in the 360's???

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i think the winner in mens release was 372
and the open was 376

i think

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Pill bottle?? Whatcho talking bout coyote?

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talking about cutting a slide in a pill bottle,where it will slide over where the optic stuff is wound around in a coil.then putting some tape on it where that darn dot is smaller. in the daylight it is so big and bright it seems to cover the whole kill zone.this way it a smaller dot in the bright sun or i guess you can buy those ones that have the glass that darkens when you get in the sun and lightens when it get darker outside ,but i i think i will stick to this way for now.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i think hes refering to sites along the line of cobra sidewinders or some of the toxins that have the coils in the tube on the out side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.