Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We burned about 60 some acres this weekend. This is a long video but worth the watch! Some of the footage is just awesome and we have never had it happen before. The fire at one point gets so big and bright the camera turns it to night time.(closes the camera shutter down)
My buddies with pumper trucks can really get it done quick. Big thanks and glad they were available.

Enjoy!

·
Vendor
61,922 Posts
Ive been part of several burns but Ive never had one where a truck was surrounded by the fire.... Yikes.

·
2 Corinthians 5:10
1,639 Posts
Damn, wish I would have known you were burning, I'd like to have seen how is done, correctly. We were down at the farm this past weekend. Could've come over and got in the way.
Hell of a fire..

·
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, wish I would have known you were burning, I'd like to have seen how is done, correctly. We were down at the farm this past weekend. Could've come over and got in the way.
Hell of a fire..
Boys are gonna make a video of our north farm too. We did both on Saturday.

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Textbook Fellas! What’s your plans for the fields going into spring, summer, fall?

·
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Textbook Fellas! What’s your plans for the fields going into spring, summer, fall?
It is just CRP that we try to burn every year or two depending on moisture. If it has been really dry we don’t burn. Conserve moisture.
Just let it grow back up and do it again in a few years.

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,569 Posts
I am slowly becoming literate with my DJI Pro2 (zoom).
It's much better than I am.

·
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am slowly becoming literate with my DJI Pro2 (zoom).
It's much better than I am.
They are awesome tools. Fun to use and always very cool to look at things with a birds eye view.
Now I know why my dad loved flying. He flew a P51 fighter plane, a J3 Cub, and many model planes.

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
I still like flying my 3 standard. Does everything I need it to do.

Nice shots and nice burn.

Reactions: thwackaddict
1 - 13 of 13 Posts