Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey on this past sat. my middle son and i went to the rifle range and i finaly shot both rimfires. i had bought a new scope back in feb for the .22 but needed new rings for it. then i aquired a .17 hmr but needed a scope for it too. ok i did slap a small cheapie on it when i first got it together to see if it would shoot but that don't count. well last thurs my new rings for both rifles got delivered by Ruger and i put the 6x 42AO sightron bechrest on the .22, i put the 4x12x40 AO elite on the .17hmr and i took them out for a spin. got it zeroed at 25 yds and it went very well but when we moved out to 50 yrds a storm came rolling in and we had to call it quits. first impression on the 6x is wow. the elite i have shot for a couple of years on top of my 7mm mag so i knew what i was getting there. i hope it will hold up to the pounding the .17hmr will give it.:rotfl: i'm headed down to S Bar F scout camp on thurs to join my son so it'll be another two weeks before i finish tweaking them. oh, i still need to mount the new scope on top of the 7mm. but that'll happen soon.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'LL post a picture of the two sometime this week. i was pleasantly surprised at how nice the S.S. .17 hmr Barrel on the Blued action looked. the .22 lr as you recall is an all S.S. action/barrel assembly rescued from a tupperware stock and placed into a hunk of wood.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i've shot the .17 a little now but only out to 50 yds. one thing for certain right now is it really likes the cci tnt's. i had left the fatory pressure point in the stock but after a few more outings if things don't change i may take it out. i would like to have a rifle that shot a variety of ammo good rather than shooting one particular brand really good. i tried the hornady 20 gr and the remington 17 gr v-max but the TnT's where the bomb.

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
:eek::eek::cheers:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well got out after work yesterday and shot for a couple of hours. the .17 hmr is starting to come in and i'm looking forward to the next outing. the .22 shot nice groups at 50 yds but it didn't shoot worth a hoot at 100 yds :rotfl:
a friend of mine has some property about 30 min from my house so i took the pooch along and went by myself and just chilled out plinking. the guy who owns the land showed up later and i helped him with something and then we just sat there and watched the field as evening came in. got home feeling nice and relaxed. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.