Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been after them a little each day since the season opened. Most mornings they have been gobbling a bit on the roost and then henned up bad. This morning I had nothing close on the roost. Just put one hen decoy out and called every 20 minutes or so. At about seven I heard a bird gobble to my right in the woods a ways away. Started cutting hard at him and within 10 minutes had two in my lap putting on a show. They must have been silent on the roost. Nice 2 year old with a 10 inch beard. It has been frustrating this week, but it all worked out. Happy Easter to all.
Beak Plant Wood Scaled reptile Grass

· Registered
6,312 Posts
Congrats Bryan. So quiet around here this spring I'm not even hunting, hardly any pictures on the cameras either. Worst year I've seen in the 35 years I've lived here.

661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was that way here to Jack. I have hunted three farms totaling about 700 acres. My main farm has been mostly a ghost town of 600 acres. The few birds there are henned up. Just a lack of two year olds.

The other farms came alive this weekend. Just ran out of real estate till this morning. I think this week will be real good, as the last two days I have seen an upswing in lone hens going to nest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.