Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend my cousins helped me put up the bathouse I built after finding a bat(s) in the cabin. I decided to build a rocket box design, and place it next to my food plot. I hope it works, because it was a lot of work putting it up. I used my cousins Case tractor w/ bucket to lift me, and the bat house up, or swing the bat house up and into place. :D:D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GoGop- Your box seems to be the most common design, and simplest. I planned to make mine the same design, until I ran across the "Rocket Box" design. Supposedly it has a great success rate, and even has been known to attract "Indiana Bats" which are rare. It was alot of work making that Rocket Box, hopefully it'll pay off. By the way, did MDC tell you how long it takes bat's to find the boxes?

Rocket Box Design I

Bat House Design II (I used) (Basically same design as first)

·
Former Chicken Man
20,331 Posts
Originally posted by SmokinBarrel
GoGop- Your box seems to be the most common design, and simplest. I planned to make mine the same design, until I ran across the "Rocket Box" design. Supposedly it has a great success rate, and even has been known to attract "Indiana Bats" which are rare. It was alot of work making that Rocket Box, hopefully it'll pay off. By the way, did MDC tell you how long it takes bat's to find the boxes?

Rocket Box Design I

Bat House Design II (I used) (Basically same design as first)
I've never seen one like yours, but it looks like it'd hold lots of bats. :eek:

I don't recall them saying anything about the bats finding the box, but I would guess it's just random chance. We could probably find out by Googling it, but I'm just going to keep watching mine looking for indications they're using it. (Like poop below it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.