Finally the 11-48 works!

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by 1FastCam, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Finally got the nerve up to disassemble the 11-48 action and clean it. I have never taken apart an auto and I dont look forward to doing it again.

This was my wife's grandfather's favorite gun to shoot trap and phesant with, and Ive been wanting to get it to shoot right since my brother in law gave it to me.

So after a few hours of being so frustrated I almost gave up a few times, I finally got it all back together. I loaded it up with 2 low brass shells, and bang bang. Fast as I could pull the trigger.

I honestly dont think it had ever been stripped and deep cleaned.

Thanks Yankee for finding me that diagram of the action a year ago!:D

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    GOOD DEAL!!! YOU CAN PUT TAKE ANYTHING APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!!! GONNA BE NEAT BEING ABLE TO USE THAT!

3. yankee

yankee Senior Member

no prob zen, i can break the 11-87 down blindfolded and put it back together

4. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    11-48s are pretty good old guns, based loosely on the Browning patents, as you probably know. Due to their age, I probably wouldn't shoot magnum loads in it, (heck, they kick!), but for an upland gun, they are really great hunting guns. Light, point well, etc.

I had one when I was still in high school, kinda wish I had that one back. I like gas guns better, but those are still pretty darned good.

5. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1870933&tid=130214&author=glennasher1]11-48s are pretty good old guns, based loosely on the Browning patents, as you probably know. Due to their age, I probably wouldn't shoot magnum loads in it, (heck, they kick!), but for an upland gun, they are really great hunting guns. Light, point well, etc.

I had one when I was still in high school, kinda wish I had that one back. I like gas guns better, but those are still pretty darned good.[/rquote]i used 1 in the world of skeet for yrs, had a cutts comp on it, it finally rattled loose on me and i had to retire it and went to a berette O/U