Finally on the board! **PIC FOR DEERSTRODAMIS**

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Judah, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Shot a doe last night, wish I had more tags cause I was surrounded for over an hour with deer in range even after shooting one of them. I was in a ditch in the middle of a corn field.

I had a small 8pt at 20 yards, and a nice 10pt at 75 yards no shot till it was too dark to see my pins. He got to 20 yards before my hunting partner spooked him out of the field.

I had one a 10 feet browsing on the tree next to me in the ditch and none of these deer smelled me. I had blue jeans and the shirt I wore to school all day under my leafy suit. :shrug: I don't know, guess my scent went down the ditch to the creek cause I had deer every direction and none of them winded me.

The doe I shot ran 40 yards and died in the field, I am now officially a RAGEAHOLIC :wave: First deer with the rage and I think Dracula himself would have been impressed. What a wound channel! Looked like someone was throwing red paint from a can. Unreal.

Too dark and time crunched to take pics but I think my buddy took one of the wound he was so impressed by it. If I can get him to text it to me I will post it later.

2. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,

3. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Congratulations Judah

4. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Congrats bud...hope I get to see some pics:cheers::eek::

5. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  6. tobrien

tobrien Member

atta boy coach way to get back in the saddle:cheers:

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Congratulations Judah!:claphands:

8. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
  9. cdover

cdover Member

Dec 22, 2009
    wappapello
  10. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Way to go man!!:claphands:

11. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I was in a ditch, it was an uphill shot. I aimed just above the actual entry location anticipating her to jump the string a bit. Nope. If anything, she stood taller. Exit was a little higher than entry, very quick kill. Complete pass thru.
    30 yard shot.

[file]143291[/file]

12. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Good job!!! :claphands:

13. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

Congrats, way to get back in the saddle! Pretty amazing that they didn't wind you in one of the directions the deer were in, since you had them @ 360°.:claphands::claphands::cheers:

14. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1865128&tid=129872&author=Hideandwatch]Congrats, way to get back in the saddle! Pretty amazing that they didn't wind you in one of the directions the deer were in, since you had them @ 360°.:claphands::claphands::cheers:[/rquote]

I was amazed. My head was at ground level though so I guess my scent went down the ditch into the creek. :shrug:

15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    so is that the entry or exit?

16. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1865139&tid=129872&author=hunter7x]so is that the entry or exit? [/rquote]

Entry

17. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    The 20-30mph winds make it tough on the deer. Killin' one from the ground is definately a feather in your hat. :cheers::cheers:

18. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1865141&tid=129872&author=judah][rquote=1865139&tid=129872&author=hunter7x]so is that the entry or exit? [/rquote]

Entry[/rquote]

:2thumbsup: way to get er done and like others have said back in the saddle!