Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a shot at a mangy yote yesterday am...he was about 150 yds, loping away, with that ground covering lope of thiers...I counted with his lopes, when his head came up.....on the fourth count, had the crosshairs between his ears, and sent the 85 gr. Ballistic tip out of my 25-06 right after him....he never moved again....and me without a camera!!! Sure was fun though!!!

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
Well.. the ol 25-06 strikes again! I got a buddy that has is Encore in 25-06 and he loves it.... flat shooter and plenty comfortable.

Nice job fireman!

·
Registered
777 Posts
hey fireman, what kind of 85 gr. ballistics you got their for your 06. I figure you probably are reloading just wanted to check. I am looking for a good yote load for my 26-06 but don't have the ability to get set up for reloading right now.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

congrates on the yote.

depending on how the night goes thinking about getting out after them in the morning.

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
Fireman.. you say that yote was mangy? Lots of pics and yotes that I have seen this year had full coats...

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by MUHunter
hey fireman, what kind of 85 gr. ballistics you got their for your 06. I figure you probably are reloading just wanted to check. I am looking for a good yote load for my 26-06 but don't have the ability to get set up for reloading right now.
These are Winchester Supremes...I got 3 boxes for Christmas!!!

Rat, yea this one was mangy, and about half grown...All the pics I've gotten of em have been good coats...

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like fun!
And good shootin!
:cheers::cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.