Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken my fience turkey hunting the last couple of years but we have never got on a good hunt. This morning was the opposite. When we got out of the truck we had 3 birds screaming their heads off in the woods. We picked one and set up on it. He gobbled hard until he left the roost and then we didn't hear or see anything out of him. One of the other birds were still gobbling so we put the sneak on him. We were heading through the woods & I hit my call 1 time and he gobbled about 70 yds out so we sat up quick. He came within 30 yards but stayed in some heavey cover and she couldn't get a shot. I think she moved a little bit and he got a little scared and walked off. We spent the next 45 min trying to get a bird to talk but no luck. Thats when her professional guide riverbottomhunter came up with an idea. We went to the area were a bird was roosted this morning near a old food plot in the middle of the woods. I sat 1 hen decoy out and we got hidden in some brush. I hit the box call and he started gobbling his head off again, but he was around 400 yds away. We sat tight as he worked his way to us. In a couple min I heard Katie say I see him. I looked over her shoulder and he had just popped out of the timber about 10 yds away and was just strutting & druming away. He finally made his way to the decoy and she let him have it.
21lbs, 10" beard & 1 1/8 spurs. Shot him with my 1187 at 20 yds.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Way too cool RBH! Great job and congrats to the missus!!

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Way too cool RBH! Great job and congrats to the missus!!
I'll just add a ditto to what Rat said!!

Jack:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Great stuff RBH!!
:cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.