Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing all my trail cam photos and then having my dad and younger brother scoring on the first weekend, I was determined to shoot a buck. Well on Thursday I decided to leave college a day early and go back home to do some extra hunting. Thursday night I got a chance a great buck, I shot at him right at dark and my dad and I couldnt find any sign of a hit so we went back the next morning and nothing, I was disgusted. Then Friday afternoon I climbed into my stand about 1:45 and waited. About 3 o'clock, I was watching the landowner heading down through the field in his tractor and thought gee what else could go wrong. Then I heard a deer come running through the woods about 45 yards away. I tried stopping him when he ran by a 20 yards but he wouldnt stop so I made the shot while he was on the run, I hit him perfect. I called my dad and he said that my brother dropped off a neighbor kid from school who was going hunting for a doe in the field that boarders us, well who would have thought that he would jump this great buck and run him right in front of me. I was so pumped watchin him drop.

[file]80497[/file]

[file]80495[/file]

[file]80493[/file]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his bases where 6 inches and the smallest circumference on the main beams was 3 1/2 inches. 16 inch inside spread. He will gross score pretty good but the net score wont be too hot with that extra tine that is the same length as the G3.

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1482339&tid=103649&author=Brocko]his bases where 6 inches and the smallest circumference on the main beams was 3 1/2 inches. 16 inch inside spread. He will gross score pretty good but the net score wont be too hot with that extra tine that is the same length as the G3. [/rquote]

nets are for fishin:cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
great buck :eek::

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I def agree that nets are for fishin. I think that gross score is all that should matter. I mean give the deer everything he grew, dont take away from him...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1482352&tid=103649&author=mathewsshooter89]what county you kil l that beast in??[/rquote]

Wouldn't you like to know..haha. I shot him in Moniteau County, where I was once told "there are no big bucks in Central Mo" cant remember who said that tho.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
[rquote=1482359&tid=103649&author=Brocko][rquote=1482352&tid=103649&author=mathewsshooter89]what county you kil l that beast in??[/rquote]

Wouldn't you like to know..haha. I shot him in Moniteau County, where I was once told "there are no big bucks in Central Mo" cant remember who said that tho. [/rquote]

Nice! I got a trail cam pic last year that looks like the 2 1/2 year old version of your buck :cheers:

[file]80508[/file]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1482364&tid=103649&author=mathewsshooter89][rquote=1482359&tid=103649&author=Brocko][rquote=1482352&tid=103649&author=mathewsshooter89]what county you kil l that beast in??[/rquote]

Wouldn't you like to know..haha. I shot him in Moniteau County, where I was once told "there are no big bucks in Central Mo" cant remember who said that tho. [/rquote]

Nice! I got a trail cam pic last year that looks like the 2 1/2 year old version of your buck :cheers:[/rquote]

Sweet! He does look real similar. My buck was 3 1/2. What county that pic from??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1482369&tid=103649&author=mathewsshooter89]Osage along the GAsconade River [/rquote]

Ahh...well I called this one the 3G3 buck when i got a trail pic of him on Nov. 6th.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:cheers: Great buck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts