Finally found the Accura's load

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by 1FastCam, Nov 13, 2010.

1. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Went out today to work up a load with the accura.

Tried a lot of different combos, T7 pellets, T7 powder, white hot pellets, 245grn Barnes, 300 grn. XTP and some of those fancy dead center lead bullets.

Out of about 50 shots, to my complete amazement, the best groups I got all day were the Barnes bullets with ........get this..........2 T7 50grn pellets!

I can get it to shoot about the same group with T7 loose powder, so either will work.

Best group all day was 2 touching almost hole for hole, and one that was 1/2" right in a 3 shot group at 100yds.

It'll do.:D

2. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    hmm i tried them barnes and they wouldnt shoot better than the xtps out of any of my mlers

3. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Hey zen,
    I played with my Accura today! Here the last target top 2 holes 150, 3rd down at 125, and very bottom hole 200! Had a 55 degree day with a l to r cross wind 5-15 variable, compensated 2 inches for 200 yard shot to left, but non for 150's and about 1" for 125 yds.[file]147949[/file]

4. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Still using the same loads?

Thats some fine shootin there.:cheers:

Longest shot I'll have around here is 150 max, so I'm not real worried about it.

I played around with the T7 powder today, started at 80 and worked my way up using different bullets. I got good groups from all of them, but to my surprise the pellets were more consistant for some odd reason.

I wish I had a picture of the groups. Didnt have my camera, and my buddies were shooting the same target with their rifles.

I am very confident that I will be packing the Accura during rifle and ML season this year. :cheers:

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1894817&tid=132005&author=1FastCam]Best group all day was 2 touching almost hole for hole, and one that was 1/2" right in a 3 shot group at 100yds.

It'll do.:D[/rquote]

:claphands:

6. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Yup same loads! T7 loose 90 gr with 200 gr spire point