Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afterr watching 3 die, I was finall up to bat for the weekend. Saturday we had one close to about 80 yards 3 times, but eventually lost interest or just decided not to cross under/over the fence! Sunday we went back after these birds and as it was breaking daylight, one thunderous gobble to Jeff hoot owl call about knocked our hats off! We slowly dropped and skulked a few feet into the fence row. Next gobble he was on the ground and Jeff hut em with th esweet stuff and he gobbled back.....the next gobble we guessed him to be inside of 80, then i could see the top of his head lsacnning for the dirty little hen begging for his pleasures! Well he could see she wasn't around and turned around and gobble away and Jeff grabbed the fan and slid to my right some and showed it and when he saw it he puffed right up....Jeff backed up a few feet as the gobbler was approach from 80-7--6--50-40-30-BOOM at 27! Not going to lie it felt good to balst one in the head! It was all on video and I figure the 53 yards of him approching was plent of footage to make a hunt! I will share the link to the DayBreak Outdoors video when it is uploaded (probably later this week).

Jeff sure knows what call to give them and works awfully hard to learn his turkey properties in short order! Thanks for doing all the leg work! Side note: Jackson and I killed off the farm!

2021 BobT1.png

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
Ive heard jeff with a slate in his hand and he is amazing.

Nice big gobbler Bob!!

Reactions: 20'

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
Congrats Bob. 🦃

·
Registered
18,658 Posts
Oh I see!!!! Didn’t know you had the Turkey whisperer with ya!!!! Lol! Strong Work Fellas! Great Pic!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Afterr watching 3 die, I was finall up to bat for the weekend. Saturday we had one close to about 80 yards 3 times, but eventually lost interest or just decided not to cross under/over the fence! Sunday we went back after these birds and as it was breaking daylight, one thunderous gobble to Jeff hoot owl call about knocked our hats off! We slowly dropped and skulked a few feet into the fence row. Next gobble he was on the ground and Jeff hut em with th esweet stuff and he gobbled back.....the next gobble we guessed him to be inside of 80, then i could see the top of his head lsacnning for the dirty little hen begging for his pleasures! Well he could see she wasn't around and turned around and gobble away and Jeff grabbed the fan and slid to my right some and showed it and when he saw it he puffed right up....Jeff backed up a few feet as the gobbler was approach from 80-7--6--50-40-30-BOOM at 27! Not going to lie it felt good to balst one in the head! It was all on video and I figure the 53 yards of him approching was plent of footage to make a hunt! I will share the link to the DayBreak Outdoors video when it is uploaded (probably later this week).

Jeff sure knows what call to give them and works awfully hard to learn his turkey properties in short order! Thanks for doing all the leg work! Side note: Jackson and I killed off the farm!

View attachment 219911
Awesome picture congratulations!

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knack at it today, trying to rid the property of the last pesky gobbler that Jackson missed out on yesterday. Quiet and wet, but the season is minding down!

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
Congrats Bob and Jeff. Well done. (y)(y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts