Finally a good pict

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Poor Valley, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Finally got a good picture of the 2-sided call. One that actually shows what is is all about. This is a front and back shot. Bead blasted glass on the major side and slate on the minor side.

LOOK OUT TURKEY!

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That is a good pic. It does'nt do the call justice though. Ya can't tell how good it sounds from the pic.

I sent you a u2u too.

:cheers::cheers:

3. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Looks like a very, very nice call!
    Keep up the work PV!
    :cheers::cheers:

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Looks great PV :wave:

5. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    another good looking call

i had to go get my 2 sider and look at it i though something was different

you've rearranged the sound holes and made them all the same size no stamp on that one either

i love to look at calls and see how makers change along the way. :D

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
  7. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    HFF this is the final version of this particular call. As soon as I can find smaller bead blasted glass I want to offer one with the sides reversed. Maybe sometime after turkey season.

8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
  9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I have one of them calls picterd and let me tell you the most resent adventers of it. Yesterday whiel scoutign where I will be taking my neice for her first youth terky hunt april 8th i desided to see if there was any interested goblers in the woods even though it was ranign hevilly on and off that morning. Well as son as i cut out a yelp the whoel ridge light up wiht gogles in responce. After a minut i hit the call again and one of the gobles was really close and he started to goble with out me calign on the call. Wiht in 5 minuts he was in the open making a be line to me and my friend who were standing under the over hang of a old chiken coop. He ran in to with in 10 yards of use befor he noticed us and then ran the other way jsut as fast. He was the bigest tom I have ever seen. Best I can figer is his beard was 11 inches if not a tad longer. His beard had a funney bulge half way in it. so i know it was him when today this mornign we were out there again and i cald him in again. Also cald in some jakes. We are gogin to go out this morning again and see if we can get a better idea of where he is when he comes to the call so i know what side of the chiken coop to set my neice up on.

On saterday i took my neice out for her first shooting experience. She shoot 18 boxes of rabit laods threw my wifes youth stocked 20 gage, and 200 rounds threw my 22 semi auto rifle.

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Be carefull not to work the birds that you'll be hunting! Might make for a lonely youth hunt with no birds coming to your calls!

18 boxes of shells? HOLY COW! That girl's got stamina.

11. might want to use a different call to,when scouting sounds like a shy bird come youth season and that would be a bummer for her first hunt:banghead: