Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went around lunch time and picked up the fertilizer. They mixed me 100lbs of 18-48-0 with 100lbs of 0-0-62 to give me a blend at 100 lbs of 9-24-31.
I spread it out amongst the perennial plots this afternoon, even got a little bit of rain while I was doing it and more in the forecast this weekend.
I couldn't believe the difference in the plots from a week ago today. Last thursday when I checked the cams the plots were starting, but just coming on. Today there was clover all over and the plots were GREEN in a sea of brown surrounding it. Wish I would have had the camera, I'll have to get pics soon.
Can't wait to see these plots in a month or so.

I also think I've decided on my mix for the fall planting. I'll be planting around July 1 I think or maybe a hair sooner if the weather cooperates and there is some wet in the forecast. I'm thinking of doing a mix this fall of austrian winter peas, milo, and soybeans.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
I also think I've decided on my mix for the fall planting. I'll be planting around July 1 I think or maybe a hair sooner if the weather cooperates and there is some wet in the forecast. I'm thinking of doing a mix this fall of austrian winter peas, milo, and soybeans.
sunflowers would go well in that mix. We put them in at Chairmans year before last in a mix,,and the deer liked em.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this year is anything like last year there will be sunflowers in the mix anyway. We had a bunch volunteer last year in one of the annual plots. Not exactly sure where they came from though

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it amazed me how green they are really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.