fertilizing done

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Hoytshooter, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I went around lunch time and picked up the fertilizer. They mixed me 100lbs of 18-48-0 with 100lbs of 0-0-62 to give me a blend at 100 lbs of 9-24-31.
    I spread it out amongst the perennial plots this afternoon, even got a little bit of rain while I was doing it and more in the forecast this weekend.
    I couldn't believe the difference in the plots from a week ago today. Last thursday when I checked the cams the plots were starting, but just coming on. Today there was clover all over and the plots were GREEN in a sea of brown surrounding it. Wish I would have had the camera, I'll have to get pics soon.
    Can't wait to see these plots in a month or so.

I also think I've decided on my mix for the fall planting. I'll be planting around July 1 I think or maybe a hair sooner if the weather cooperates and there is some wet in the forecast. I'm thinking of doing a mix this fall of austrian winter peas, milo, and soybeans.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

sunflowers would go well in that mix. We put them in at Chairmans year before last in a mix,,and the deer liked em.

:cheers::cheers:

3. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    If this year is anything like last year there will be sunflowers in the mix anyway. We had a bunch volunteer last year in one of the annual plots. Not exactly sure where they came from though

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Sounds like perfect timing..........Anxious to see those pics.

5. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    you got me wanting to go check my clover plots now!

6. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    it amazed me how green they are really.

7. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    It is starting to green up here too.

8. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Well I checked my plots today and the clover is Green!! So is the wheat I planted last fall.