Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
the same as dogs. could be someones 1300 dollar cat..you never now. are you in any immenant harm from these cats? are they running your deer? or just tresspassing? if they arent harming your livestock...deal with it. least thats how the law keeps being interpreted for dogs.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
:boohoo:

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
loose cats eat mice, loose dogs maul kids. i can clearly see the threat of a cat:toilet: must be one of those testosterone overload things:shrug:

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Cats kill quail. Enuff said.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I read a study one time that said a cat kills more game than X? amount of fox do because they kill from curisoity not just to eat.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1586290&tid=110113&author=PHhunter]Cats kill quail. Enuff said.[/rquote]

The Conservationist had an article a few years back about feral cats....I wish I could remember what it said about the amount of songbirds and game birds that the cats kill on a regular basis. :confused::wave:

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
odd, we have 1 cat here at my house, the inlaws have 4 outside cats. a few weeks ago when we went rabbit huntin out here wth member Joey, we kicked up at least 40-50 quail. somehow we manage to get a bigger population of them every year:confused:
on the other hand, dogs will run deer until they die, theyll catch and kill turkeys and rabbits. i'm not seeing the corolation here:confused:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
For some reason I never figured you for a catlover, Jeremy.

If you've got 40-50 quail, you need to go quail hunting next winter, sounds like a good population!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1586299&tid=110113&author=Jeremy]odd, we have 1 cat here at my house, the inlaws have 4 outside cats. a few weeks ago when we went rabbit huntin out here wth member Joey, we kicked up at least 40-50 quail. somehow we manage to get a bigger population of them every year:confused:
on the other hand, dogs will run deer until they die, theyll catch and kill turkeys and rabbits. i'm not seeing the corolation here:confused:[/rquote]

which was my case in point.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
that cat is eating the baby rabbits jeremy.....:peepwall: lol

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
[rquote=1586304&tid=110113&author=FiremanBrad]For some reason I never figured you for a catlover, Jeremy.

If you've got 40-50 quail, you need to go quail hunting next winter, sounds like a good population!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

we did, i just cant sem to hit the things:rof2:

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
[rquote=1586317&tid=110113&author=Joeyman]that cat is eating the baby rabbits jeremy.....:peepwall: lol

[/rquote]

actually no it isnt, my inlaws rott/lab mix is. she runs down along the back of that dam digs into the nests and ills the bunnies. takes them up to their house and eats them in thr front yard

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
[rquote=1586325&tid=110113&author=Jeremy][rquote=1586317&tid=110113&author=Joeyman]that cat is eating the baby rabbits jeremy.....:peepwall: lol

[/rquote]

actually no it isnt, my inlaws rott/lab mix is. she runs down along the back of that dam digs into the nests and ills the bunnies. takes them up to their house and eats them in thr front yard[/rquote]

lol...i'm just kidding with ya. Their were a ton of quial on your property. that is the most quail I've seen all season long was at your farm and I've been all over the state rabbit hunting and I've been to a lot of farms this season aswell.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I was a junior in high school. We were remodeling my uncles house. I counted 47 cats. His girls really loved cats. some were so wild they wouldnt come out if a person was outside. I had a blast throwing walnuts at them.

so heres the fun part, after he sold us the farm, we had the pleasure of cleaning up the mess. Lots and lots of .22 shells and arrows were used.

now believe it or not, the quail and rabbit population is the best its ever been.

Also the amount of redbirds, junco, chickadees, blue jays we have feeding out of the feeder is ridiculous.

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
[rquote=1586343&tid=110113&author=showmethejewels]When I was a junior in high school. We were remodeling my uncles house. I counted 47 cats. His girls really loved cats. some were so wild they wouldnt come out if a person was outside. I had a blast throwing walnuts at them.

so heres the fun part, after he sold us the farm, we had the pleasure of cleaning up the mess. Lots and lots of .22 shells and arrows were used.

now believe it or not, the quail and rabbit population is the best its ever been.

Also the amount of redbirds, junco, chickadees, blue jays we have feeding out of the feeder is ridiculous.[/rquote]

uh yeah, 47 cats is a bit much:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.