Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried shooting 2 different chokes with 2 different guns, Beretta A300 & Versamx both with extra full chokes. .695 & .665 choke tubes. I had terrible shot patterns at 40yds with both guns and tubes. Longbeards XR #6 patterned way better than the TSS with both guns. We shot out of dead rest so there was no pulling/jerking the gun. I couldn't even come close to the advertised pellet count. Am I missing something or has anyone else had these issues? Two of these were Carlson chokes and 2 factory xtra full.

· Registered
20 Posts
I just patterned my 835 with a star dot choke and at 40 yards I had 256 in a 10” circle with 3 1/2 longbeard xr 6 shot and had 495 pellets with tss 9 shot, tested it in a vesamax with a Indian creek and a beretta a 400 with a Indian creek tube and all were close to the same results

· Registered
9,515 Posts
I had originally counted the pellets before I realized how bad I needed classes. Seems I missed a few (18 pellets) after I looked at the pic closer, making it 264 pellets in the 10" circle.
This is 20 gauge TSS 3" #9 shot through a very economical Primos Tightwad choke. This was shot at a shooting range at the 40 yard marker.
I have primarily shot this 20 gauge for the past several seasons.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Thinks actually the same energy as 5 shot and the 7 shot tss is like 3 or 4 shot energy. Way smaller and harder so it penetrates like crazy. Saw a big Tom get body shot at 65 last year and the pellets went completely through only a few in the off wing

· blu bogart
23,220 Posts
Im frugal!:scared:
Ive checked prices.
Cabalas has TSS for basically $48 a box of 5 + tax.....so basically $10 a shell/shot.
Longbeards around $18 + tax box of 10.....so $2 a shell/shot.
=5x.....not twice as high,not 3 times as high....5 times as high!!!!:boohoo::rofl::rofl::rofl:
but.....
we all kno's and heard stories.....that low brass will keel a bird!
So....$5 box of 25 low brass = 20 cents a shot = TSS is 50x mo expensive to keel a bird at 30 yards or less!:rofl::scared::stir:

· blu bogart
23,220 Posts
Im frugal!:scared:
Ive checked prices.
Cabalas has TSS for basically $48 a box of 5 + tax.....so basically $10 a shell/shot.
Longbeards around $18 + tax box of 10.....so $2 a shell/shot.
=5x.....not twice as high,not 3 times as high....5 times as high!!!!:boohoo::rofl::rofl::rofl:
but.....
we all kno's and heard stories.....that low brass will keel a bird!
So....$5 box of 25 low brass = 20 cents a shot = TSS is 50x mo expensive to keel a bird at 30 yards or less!:rofl::scared::stir:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.