Federal Fusion

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Squid Hunter, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    Has anyone used the federal fusion ammo? What caliber and what kind of results have you seen?

2. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Ryanlowe02 has used the 130gr Fusions in his .270 and they have been lights out on deer for him.

3. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i use the fussion's in my son's .243 and liked them so well i've bought them for the 7-08 too

4. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    sounds like something to go with then. Got me a new rifle and have been kicking around what to use with it. I think I'll go ahead with this one.:eek::

5. wolffire99

wolffire99 New Member

Oct 29, 2010
    It seems like nowadays you'd have a hard time find bad factory ammo if you tried. good times.

6. kevthebassman

kevthebassman New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    [rquote=1875167&tid=130328&author=wolffire99]It seems like nowadays you'd have a hard time find bad factory ammo if you tried. good times. [/rquote]

Anything offered by the big three ammo makers and sold with a picture of a deer on the box is likely to be pretty darned good at killing deer. I buy regular old Winchester Super X 165 grain for my 30-06, used to run $12 a box now up to $17 at Wal-Mart. I've killed deer at 10 yards and at 280 yards with it, never a failure. I don't think the deer care how much you spent on your box of ammo, just where the bullet went.

7. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    that fusion is a hard to find ammo...

8. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    [rquote=1875223&tid=130328&author=Skduckhunt]that fusion is a hard to find ammo...[/rquote]

we've always got it at Cabela's. except the .223

9. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i wish the photo gallery gets fixed soon so i can down load some photos to post in my other thread. the fusions group really well in every gun i have shot them in and any gun my friends shot them in. i did order some of that Prvi Partizan from midway this week for my 7-08. i need range time for my son and some for me with the stryker. at 16.00 a box i figured it was worth a try if for nothing else to get brass to reload down the road. i bought 4 boxes of the 7-08. i have 3 boxes of fussion coming to me this week from a guy that listed them for sale elsewhere, so i'll have plenty of that for the midget to hunt with. there is nothing wrong with any of the basic win power points, rem corelokts and what not. but since you did ask specificly about the fussions i wanted to give you my resuts with them. for the .243 i don't think there is a better bullet out there myself. i have put them through two shoulders, ribs, ribs/shoulders, close range and a bit over 100 yrds, i've yet to get a non pass through.