Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some friends in new york were at a friends house and this fawn just ran over and wouldnt leave the group,well they fed it and finally I believe mama came got her

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Very neat pics pipe!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Quite a few years ago, a doe was hit on the road in front of our house. I called and got a roadkill tag so I could butcher it. Later that evening, we heard a fawn bleeting in the field where mama got killed. We got it caught up and called the game agent who came and got it and said he had a place that was set up to raise orphan deer so he took it to them. Well, a few days later, I am out feeding and hear another fawn bleeting. I followed the sound and this poor little thing was just skin and bones. Apparently she had twins and we didnt realize it. Well I gathered it up and took it inside. I called the game warden and told him about it and he insisted that it wasnt from the same do and that I had probably stolen a fawn from another doe and should take it back where I got it. I knew better and decided to try and save it myself cause the little thing could hardly even walk it was so weak. We got it going and she was doing real well but one morning she was dead. Like to broke my heart cause I was really getting attached to her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.