Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· 82nd Airborne!
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paint the lead with bright orange and use a red/chart. tube. Sometime use the white/chart tube. I met a old man down in Ms. and he called the white/chart the Missouri Mul. And I said why, he said nothing works harder than a Mo. mule......

· Registered
13,325 Posts
I just bought a four wheeler the other day and if you keep talking about crappie fishing im gonna feel even worse about not buying a boat. Your starting to give me the fever and i aint never really ever been. I sure wish that turkey season would hurry up so i could quit thinking about crappie fishing.

chad

· Registered
13,325 Posts
Im getting eat up about going now. I get the fever every year when i start hearing about them big ole slabs. But with this crazy job i have trouble getting a minute offf during march and april. But hopefully during the first week of turkey season i can try and catch some while im on vacation.

chad

· Registered
21,441 Posts
Black and chartreuse is my favorite. I also like to have yellow and white, red and chartreuse on hand at all times. In the winter I usually use more white colors.

· Registered
553 Posts
It's hard for me to pick just one so I'll give you my three favorites..... They're the exact same as Gamegetters'. I have 4 boxes full of plastic jigs and 99% of the time these are the 3 colors I'm using. I also much prefer the solid body plastic jigs to the hollow ones, they are much more durable.

· Registered
2,676 Posts
white head, black body, white tail

white head, red/silver body, white tail

red head, blue body, white tail

white head, silver body, white tail

Fish exclusively maribou jigs....

· Registered
6,021 Posts
all time most specks for me caught on
the red head white tube

also like black head char body
and black head with blue body white tail

the old stand by is always always red head white tube.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Found a jig a couple years that I have been kickin' Pman's :***: with at closeout and I'll be danged if I can't find em anymore. It was a red head, gold tinsel body w/ white maribou in 1/8th oz.. Guess I'll have to start makin' my own if I'm to continue the :***: kickin' on Pman this year ;).

Another one I've had good luck with is a plain ol' plastic smoke colored swimin' minnow or purple on a unpainted jig head. Recently have also been usin' Panfish Assasin' plastic bait's with straight tails with moderate success as well in a smoke/red half and half on a red jig head or unpainted.

· Registered
3,647 Posts
Mines the same as it has been for years. In dirty to stained water; I use a Southern Pro Tube, Black-tip, Green Body, Chartruse tail.

For clear water the tube is clear, with red blue and silver flake. I'll throw a blue body with white tail sometimes in intermediate color water as a change up.

Those three colors will catch 99.9 percent of the crappie that I hook. No need to even take anything else.

It was mentioned before but to rig it I always stick the head up through the base of the tube so it is not showing. You get many less snags that way plus the bait looks better.

I usually use a 1/16 ounce head but will go up to 1/8 if it is windy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.