Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Don't know if this load is good for coyotes or not but it should reach out there quite a ways and touch one real good. My load for deer is as follows: 100 gr. Sierra Game King SBT #1560 with 35 grains of IMR 4320 that sends it out the muzzle at 2723 fps. I do have a box loaded up for varmints that uses the 80 gr. Sierra Blitz Varminter #1520 with 44 grains of IMR 4350 that sends it out the muzzle at 3152 fps. That load should really reach out there and touch MR. Yote real good. I have only patterned this round and have yet to see the outcome on a yote.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
The best dual purpose bullet in the .243 IMHO is the Sierra 85 gr. BTHP. Either Varget, IMR-4064, or IMR-4350 with the Sierra 85 gr. BTHP will make you happier than Hugh Hefner. Federal offers the bullet in their Premium line-up factory loaded.

·
Registered
31,299 Posts
Originally posted by MOGC
Originally posted by Jeremy
rem core lok, 125 gr
Rethink... check... repost... :roll2:
"What are your favorite reloads or factory loads for a .243 for deer. I would like to use one load that would woork for deer and coyotes. Thanks "

what are MY favorite FACTORY loads for deer or yotes....exactly what i put. :roll2::roll2::roll2: i guess opinions should be cleared by you now.:roll2::roll2: so, a 100 core lok wont kill a deer and a yote? thats almost laughable...no...it IS laughable:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ooops, sooo sorry...100 grain core loks...had to run down and open up the ammo lock box and check...:roll2:

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Yep..., One Hundred not One Hundred Twenty-Five. You're a little quick on the trigger aren't ya. :rof2:

·
19,585 Posts
Federal Premium Vital-Shok® 85gr. Sierra® GameKing® BTHP

Federal Premium Power-Shok® 100gr. Soft Point

I'm very, very happy with the performance. :rock:

I've yet to try 'em on 'yotes, but they're deadly on deer. One shot = one kill

Once I have enough brass collected, I'll start reloading. Just haven't got to that stage, yet.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Semantics...? I thought it was for clarity of incorrect information that wouldn't be helpful and maybe confusing to the poster that asked the question. Oh well... :stickfight:

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
I shoot both 100gr Core loks and 100gr Winchester factory loads. Both work good for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.