Favorite deer loads for your .243 ?

Discussion in 'Reloading Tips & Tricks' started by Bear, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    What are your favorite reloads or factory loads for a .243 for deer. I would like to use one load that would woork for deer and coyotes. Thanks

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Don't know if this load is good for coyotes or not but it should reach out there quite a ways and touch one real good. My load for deer is as follows: 100 gr. Sierra Game King SBT #1560 with 35 grains of IMR 4320 that sends it out the muzzle at 2723 fps. I do have a box loaded up for varmints that uses the 80 gr. Sierra Blitz Varminter #1520 with 44 grains of IMR 4350 that sends it out the muzzle at 3152 fps. That load should really reach out there and touch MR. Yote real good. I have only patterned this round and have yet to see the outcome on a yote.

3. midmomoney

midmomoney New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    70 gr. sierra blitz king hodgdon benchmark its torture on coyotes

4. antlerart06

antlerart06 New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Kirksville
    75 grain hp load with 3031 IMR I use this load on everythingfigurd on my step mom shot 356 yrds drop about 6 inches from its back

5. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    The best dual purpose bullet in the .243 IMHO is the Sierra 85 gr. BTHP. Either Varget, IMR-4064, or IMR-4350 with the Sierra 85 gr. BTHP will make you happier than Hugh Hefner. Federal offers the bullet in their Premium line-up factory loaded.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    rem core lok, 125 gr

7. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Rethink... check... repost... :roll2:

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006

"What are your favorite reloads or factory loads for a .243 for deer. I would like to use one load that would woork for deer and coyotes. Thanks "

what are MY favorite FACTORY loads for deer or yotes....exactly what i put. :roll2::roll2::roll2: i guess opinions should be cleared by you now.:roll2::roll2: so, a 100 core lok wont kill a deer and a yote? thats almost laughable...no...it IS laughable:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ooops, sooo sorry...100 grain core loks...had to run down and open up the ammo lock box and check...:roll2:

9. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

100 gr Winchester Supremes!!!!!!

10. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Yep..., One Hundred not One Hundred Twenty-Five. You're a little quick on the trigger aren't ya. :rof2:

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Federal Premium Vital-Shok® 85gr. Sierra® GameKing® BTHP

Federal Premium Power-Shok® 100gr. Soft Point

I'm very, very happy with the performance. :rock:

I've yet to try 'em on 'yotes, but they're deadly on deer. One shot = one kill

Once I have enough brass collected, I'll start reloading. Just haven't got to that stage, yet.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    not really when you are wanting to argue semantics:roll2:

13. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Semantics...? I thought it was for clarity of incorrect information that wouldn't be helpful and maybe confusing to the poster that asked the question. Oh well... :stickfight:

14. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I shoot both 100gr Core loks and 100gr Winchester factory loads. Both work good for me.