Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of broadheads do you use and do you like them?
I've always thought that fixed blades were better just because of the peeps complainin about mechanicalss. :shrug:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
i like muzzy's, never did trust mechanicals much..just one more moving thing to go wrong. just my own personl opinion and preference of course.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
[rquote=1497840&tid=104535&author=Jeremy]i like muzzy's, never did trust mechanicals much..just one more moving thing to go wrong. just my own personl opinion and preference of course.[/rquote]

DIDO :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I am liking the rage's, but don't hit the shoulder plate because they don't like them

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1497845&tid=104535&author=Bowhunter4life]here come the 1000 diff. opnions. Try them and see what ya like[/rquote]

I wanna know what YOU like....

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
From what I've used I like
Wasp
Muzzy
Spitfire
Thunderheads
Rage
Slick Trick
and probably a couple more I forgot

they have all worked

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
I have a new favorite since November 2nd. They are called Trophy Ridge Meat Seekers now but they were originally called Undertakers. Here is my original post pertaining to my original purchase and added proof photos that they do work great and can be used again on the next buck.

check it out.... http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=60111#pid820315

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Mailman]

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Muzzy MX3.
Same point of imapct as field points. I figure if the practice blades will blow throw a Block target, a deer doesn't have a chance against the real thing...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
shot grim reapers for years with no complaints (or malfunctions) Tried rage broad heads this year and major damage to the deer, huge hole and it was a passthrogh hitting one shoulder blade. arrah was stuck a foot in the ground. The blades were ruined but it did the job. I will add my bow has a 72lb draw weight. I definitly think if your shooting mechanicals you need a heavy draw.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
1.- Thunderheads
2.- Muzzy

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
[rquote=1497991&tid=104535&author=Mailman]I have a new favorite since November 2nd. They are called Trophy Ridge Meat Seekers now but they were originally called Undertakers. Here is my original post pertaining to my original purchase and added proof photos that they do work great and cam be used again on the next buck.

check it out.... http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=60111#pid820315

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Mailman][/rquote]

They have them on clearance at the local walmart for $30/pack:whistle:

·
Registered
12,669 Posts
Any big nasty mechanical. In the last three years I've used Rage 2 and 3 blade, Grimreapers, and now Wasp Jackhammers. They all have worked just fine when I do my part. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I shot muzzy heads for years and never had any problems. Switched to slick tricks a couple years ago and still haven't even shot at a deer with them so I can't speak for them yet other than they were easy to tune and fly great.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
I wonder how many times this question has been asked on this forum since it's inception......:thinking: I understand we get new members all the time, and it's a logical question to ask..... So, I am not complaining about it being asked again, just wondering how many times it has been asked... I'd venture a guess somewhere in the 100-200 range mebbe more.... But, that's just a guess.

Everyone has their favorites.:shrug:

I personally like a fixed head, because there is no way they won't open when they get there, nor will they won't open up before they get there, and do something they're not sposed to do....

Muzzy & G5's are my personal choice. Started using g5's this year, cause the tolerances on them is sposed to be better, and I am shooting a faster bow now.... Ain't kilt a deer with one yet, but that'll come... Hopefully before 1/15/10. :D

But, you will get so many different answers to this, you just gotta go with what you like, and are comfortable with taking into the woods.

Good luck!:wave:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts