Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new farm and I’m considering leasing it this fall. There is a very nice cabin with all utilities on the property. That said, my current insurance provider allows me to lease the hunting rights for an additional fee; however, the policy strictly prohibits guided hunts, providing lodging, or the use of any tree stands on the property.

I already have a hunting lease written up that prohibits the use of any of my tree stands and does not include the cabin, but I’m wondering if anybody knows of a reputable insurance company that would allow me to lease the hunting rights and the cabin. I’ve seen people on here provide these amenities, but I want to make sure that I’m doing everything according to the insurer so that I would be covered under any circumstances.

I’ve looked at some of the companies that specialize in hunting leases, but I need something more like a farm and ranch policy. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

· Registered
32,087 Posts
Backyardbandit might be able to help you out.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
3 votes for backyardbandit. If he cant get it fixed we had good luck with QDMA but its been a lot of years ago.

· Registered
374 Posts
umbrella policy
From what I understand an umbrella policy picks up say 1m after your other insurance is maxed in a lawsuit. It is not a replacement for other insurance. If that was the case you could just drop your homeowners at $150 per month and get a million dollar umbrella policy for $150 per year.

Please let me know if I am wrong. I would like to know.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I think the umbrella is only for liability and not property loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.