Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals, I left about a acre in the bottom plot
open for a fall plot I disc it the other day and Im just waiting
till the mid August or 1st of Sept depending on the weather pattern to plant.
I planted about a 1 1/2 acxre aof turnips and got very little usage last year but neither di my beans because of all the acorns
as you can see in other posts I am well on my way to having a good bean
corn crop and have very good stand of clover.
I like to have a fall plot that is fresh and green and will make it into the winter for a variety.
I was going with wheat or oats, I did get some rape seed one year
from MrB and the deer did hit it after a frost and I have used some Biologic and had good results,this plot is between a
beans and clover plot I would appreciate your input very much
Keep in mind Im very tight on the budget. I just paid for a wedding you know. you can look at my post of the July 18
update pics and it will be next to the beans in the bottom.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
How about a mixture of oats , wheat and rape. 50#'s each of bin run oats and wheat and a 5# bag of rape would give you decent coverage at a very affordable price.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would have to agree with henry, putting a little bit of each can't hurt. That's what I am probably going to do with my fall plot's. :cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,595 Posts
Hard to get any cheaper than WW & oats. If your wanting to establish a new clover/lespadeza patch, you can frost seed late next winter right into the WW/oats & develope a great stand.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Winter wheat works as good for me as anything. This year I am going to put 1/2 of my plot in alfalfa and 1/2 in wheat & oats mixture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts