Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Somebody should let you and your fiancé know that just because someone is diagnosed with Covid doesn’t mean they are dying from Covid, or even symptomatic with it. In fact, it’s far less likely that they aren’t actually being treated for Covid, but treated for something else but are Covid positive. I’m sure you’re aware that every patient that’s admitted to a hospital gets a Covid test, so it makes at least theoretical sense that if they are positive, they aren’t being put up with patients who are negative. Those that aren’t actually sick most likely end up somewhere like a REHAB floor as opposed to an icu, which operates at roughly 80% capacity under normal circumstances so they fill up quick.

The virus can be real without having a pandemic be real or justified.

You’re welcome.
You're right but guess what, if somebody tests positive in a hospital then they have to be isolated. That means whoever is taking care of them has to wear full PPE garb to go in to the room with them. When you're already short handed (due to Covid taking out a bunch of staff) and then you have to add in the extra steps of dealing with Covid patients, it puts and even bigger strain on things. Nowhere did I say everybody with Covid in the hospital was on their death bed. These are rehab covid patients, it's spill over because they are running out of room everywhere else.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
You're right but guess what, if somebody tests positive in a hospital then they have to be isolated. That means whoever is taking care of them has to wear full PPE garb to go in to the room with them. When you're already short handed (due to Covid taking out a bunch of staff) and then you have to add in the extra steps of dealing with Covid patients, it puts and even bigger strain on things. Nowhere did I say everybody with Covid in the hospital was on their death bed. These are rehab covid patients, it's spill over because they are running out of room everywhere else.
If someone tests positive, them having to be isolated was exactly my point. I have nothing to guess what about. I thought that was rather clear when I said, “so it makes at least theoretical sense that if they are positive, they aren’t being put up with patients who are negative.”

If they are rehab Covid patients, where else would they put them other than rehab? She’s not dealing with Covid patients, she’s dealing with rehab patients who are Covid positive. There’s a huge difference.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
If someone tests positive, them having to be isolated was exactly my point. I have nothing to guess what about. I thought that was rather clear when I said, “so it makes at least theoretical sense that if they are positive, they aren’t being put up with patients who are negative.”

If they are rehab Covid patients, where else would they put them other than rehab? She’s not dealing with Covid patients, she’s dealing with rehab patients who are Covid positive. There’s a huge difference.
I'll have to ask again to verify I'm not misunderstanding her but I swore she said they were converting the floor to negative pressure again because they were going to start taking Covid inpatients due to the lack of beds throughout the rest of the hospital. I've heard her mention the type of patients that you're referring to several times but this sounded different.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
The problem with people before covid and now during covid is they think they need to go to the hospital for everything. Its kinda like calling 911 for non emergency.
Hospitals (or atleast where my fiance works) dont' take every Tom, **** and Harry that comes in with Covid. They have to meet certain criteria for admission. They aren't Oprah.

Gesture Font Happy Fun Event

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I'll have to ask again to verify I'm not misunderstanding her but I swore she said they were converting the floor to negative pressure again because they were going to start taking Covid inpatients due to the lack of beds throughout the rest of the hospital. I've heard her mention the type of patients that you're referring to several times but this sounded different.
Negative pressure rooms are basically just an isolation room, so it would make sense. What hospital does she work at? I’ll let you know his many icu beds they have and how many actual patients it takes to overflow it. They have to go somewhere if they are Covid positive, even though the new variant is essentially harmless and they have to spend their money on something. I think you’re making it sound like a bigger deal than it really is, whether intentionally than not.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Plenty of people go to the hospital and are admitted because of Covid. I have an aunt currently in hospital because of Covid , had a perfectly healthy 40 year old close friend spend several days in ICU because of Covid. I would love for you to tell him how fake it is or that he was in the hospital for something else they just called it Covid.

·
Super Moderator
25,601 Posts
Plenty of people go to the hospital and are admitted because of Covid. I have an aunt currently in hospital because of Covid , had a perfectly healthy 40 year old close friend spend several days in ICU because of Covid. I would love for you to tell him how fake it is or that he was in the hospital for something else they just called it Covid.
glad your friend is alright, he could have had the same results from the flu! Healthy people just don't seem to be dying from this virus at the alarming rate many would like us to think...your friend being one of them!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Hospitals (or atleast where my fiance works) dont' take every Tom, **** and Harry that comes in with Covid. They have to meet certain criteria for admission. They aren't Oprah.

View attachment 227984
. 18 ICU beds. If they are operating at the low end of normal capacity (70%), it would take 6 patients to overflow it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I’d bet my life savings these bull crap mask mandates cause more spreading than not wearing them. No science to proof they help. But just watch folks wearing mask how many times do they touch that nasty *** mask a day then touch everything else. True story just left barns childrens in St. Louis dr comes in touched his mask 7 times in about 10 minutes left the room never washed hands

# mask killing lives!
Yup. The other part of this that no one talks about or likely even understands is viral load. You can be a exposed to a virus but not contract it if the viral load isn't high enough. Masks can't stop viruses. They're not meant to. N95's MIGHT have a chance, but that's a maybe. But that doesn't mean viral cells can't get caught up in masks. So let's say you have it, don't have symptoms and your viral load is low enough that you're actually not really contagious. Now wear a mask all day. Viral load building up in the mask the longer you wear it. Now fiddle with it, then without washing or sanitizing your hands, shake someone's hand...

In mild or normally non-contagious cases, it's entirely possible that masks are creating more spread where it likely wouldn't have because the masks can concentrate the viral load and people can't not touch them...

·
Grrrrrrr
30,043 Posts

·
Senior Hunter
3,412 Posts
Co worker has been off work for 3 weeks with covid. He and his wife went to hospital in JC to get treatment. Not looking for a bed but thought they could get antibody infusion but was told it was too late for them and to go home and take Mucinex to keep it out of their lungs so they don't develop pneumonia. ER nurse told them how their beds are mostly full of vaccinated people with covid and preached to them about how the vaccine keeps covid symptoms from being severe. That's when he went off on her...You just said how many vaccinated people are in this hospital and yet your telling me how the vaccine keeps you from getting sick enough to be in the hospital. Yet they want you to believe the unvaccinated are the ones filling the hospitals.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,473 Posts

Negative pressure is reversing the fan basically. Negative pressure is how paint booths work. Air is being blown out of the room, rather than into the room. I'm sure the negative pressure is built into their HVAC units of the hospital.

We often times create negative pressure in a house when we're sanding floors. Basically just put a grain bin fan in a doorway blowing out & seal it off so all air has to come in through open doors/windows & suck dust out through the fan.

·
Under appreciated
91,832 Posts
Read this story…it mirrors what I’ve been saying for more than a year.

Me too @archer66 . This is exactly why it is impossible to calculate the death rate of covid. It is also exactly why we cannot trust the death rate numbers that are being reported.

Even the deaths FROM covid instead of WITH covid are suspicious.

Reactions: archer66
21 - 35 of 35 Posts