Experts or Salesman ?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Sully, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Was in Columba for lunch Saturday with Pink and swung by Bass Pro to pick up a head net and a box of 10 ga shells for season ... as we were killing time browsing we were met at the end of most every isle by a " sales associate " or whatever they call themselves offering assistantes which is not a big deal as I appreciate good service anyway got to the turkey shells ZERO 10 ga ( same amount in Warsaw ) so while I was grumbling Pink walked over to the gun counter to ask if we were missing the 10 ga section as by now there were NO sales associates to be found ! Guy behind the counter went off on a speel about how no they didn't have any 10 ga shells because 12 ga 3 1/2 are much better and way more popular and that whoever she was looking for shells for should switch guns and if she wanted he could show her what she needed to buy for them ... full blown used car salesman with a stupid woman pitch ! I had my back to them but was close enough to hear the whole exchange ! Wasn't bad enough that when he saw me coming over he didn't quit but was still giving his sales pitch as we were walking away !

20', sharps4590, STTH and 7 others like this.
  2. Lazarus

Lazarus Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Needmore, serious
    It's bass pro, that sales associate was an expert in the shoe department yesterday. :banging:

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Like most big box stores the help is there to make a sale period be it's what you want or need or don't.

So......what new 12 gauge did she buy you?

sharps4590 likes this.
  4. Sully

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Had to buy her some popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys for putting up with stupid salesman.

callaojoe likes this.
  5. Sully

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Dude was most certainly impressed with his little green BP vest ... they probably made him carry his bullet in his shirt pocket !

Clucker, Satch and fishshooter like this.
  6. jsr

jsr Active Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Couple years back went to a store looking for new clothes for bow hunting. Was looking at some UA and the sales associate told me he had every set UA makes and nothing compares. Tries selling me on a few sets.
    Next time there same associate (didn’t remember me) saw me looking at Sitka. Same story and sales pitch, he had every set they make and nothing compares.
    I learned to not listen to SALES associates. I get opinions elsewhere and do my own research. I go knowing what I want now and no longer really listen to most of them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Sully and DCSarchette like this.
  7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Seems SALES associates are all over me when I don't need one and never around when I do.

170BC, Sully and DCSarchette like this.
  8. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I can't believe they didn't have 10 gauge shells, it's BP for pete sake, they should have had 410, 28, 20, 16, 12 and 10 :banging:

15d and Sully like this.
  9. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

You ever get up this way you should swing in Scheels. They’re associates really do seem knowledgeable for the most part. Some more than others, but way better than BPS. Far superior gun selection also.

Sully and CRE10 like this.
  10. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

Did you get your 10 gauge shells elsewhere?

11. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I've come to the point that anytime I need 16ga shells, I just order them.

BPS/Cabelas are sort of like the wal marts of the sporting good world. They cater to the masses...... :wave1:

Lazuru's comment is spot on.... You can occasionally get someone who actually knows stuff at one of those stores, but it's about like a 100:1 odds that you wont. o_O

Sully likes this.
  12. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Also notice the last few times I've been in Cabelas since the Bass Pro acquisition it had much more of a Bass Pro Shop suck feel to it than before.

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I went in cabelas to buy a rimfire scope last week. Looked at a couple of nikons and picked one out. She took the time to show me that scope but then said that they didnt stock any because of the bass pro merger somehow. But, she did have some cabelas brand scopes and lots in stock. I just went ahead and bought one of those, guess we'll see.

14. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Makes me glad I live close to Rogers.

ducksNbucks, BustinBucks and Vector like this.
  15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Wish we had an option like that. If I werent in a hurry, I'd have ordered from Rogers.

Wings Fan 19 and Skduckhunt like this.
  16. CRE10

CRE10 No to Drugs Yes to Hugs

Nov 18, 2013
    In a barn
    In their defense at least they're working trying to earn a living rather than live off the government. I know I don't have the patience to work in a setting like that.

20', sharps4590 and BustinBucks like this.
  17. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Gotta get that 22 rifle scope mounted before turkey season gets here eh Rat? :D

Sully, WBF and fishshooter like this.
  18. Danimal

Danimal Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Beat me to it :D

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Already mounted up. :D

I pulled out my old marlin 60 and the scope is so old it got some kind of fog inside somehow. I want to start shooting it again because somehow I hoarded up about 3K in 22lr ammo :D

20. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :eek: You gonna try and keep up with RoD on turkeys or something