Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this might get a bit lengthy.

We, my Dad and I, have hunted this area for about three years. It is a thirty six acre bit of abandoned land. The first year we saw some does, not much else. Then we put in a plot in a corner of a field and we noticed more deer sign. The plot was planted the first year with Valley Park Elevators fall plot mix...triticale, rye, vetch, wheat, and some other stuff. It turned out ok, the deer got interested. The next summer we put in Cooper #7 mix...forage soybeans, WGF sorghum, millet, buckwheat, and peredovik sunflowers. The deer had lots to forage on. We had been running my Leaf River cam over a trough and had some good pics too. So, last fall we ripped it up and put in a mix of winter wheat, oats, and Whitetail Institute clover. The cam was moved to over the plot this February and lots of use has been seen. I will be forgetting about the food trough, unless for a survey use...I believe in providing year round forage for these wild goats to make them feel safer on this property, and for us to hunt. Food, Cover, and Water === good hunting!! Now for some pics. Mowing of the plot in May of '05.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And even later 6-14-05:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We encountered lots of ragweeds and other grasses...guess we didn't do too bad though for such a droughty year:

Here is some of the growth after about a month:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In July the sunflowers produced:

MySQL has encountered an unknown error. To find out the exact problem, please set the DEBUG flag to true in header.php

What gives????

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try to put a pic of the sunflowers here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.