Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures courtesy of whitemarsh.

Last week I had to redo a hardwood floor up in whitemarsh's neighborhood. Seems a badger got into these peoples house. Somehow, when it got into the bedroom, something fell across the door & locked him in the room. He destroyed the carpet, done a lot of damage to the woodwork at the door & absolutely destroyed the window.

[file]7275[/file]

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::sniper:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's badger blood on the wall. That's at the top of the other window. That sucker really wanted to live. He was found dead in the closet. It's my understanding the house was very rank.

[file]7279[/file]

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
:banghead: He beat me to it, LOL. As I was reading this I was thinking the same thing DSG.
Great story for the neighbors.

Thanks Pinwheel, ya put a laugh in ma belly.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I am guessing badgers are getting more prominent in MO...that is the third one I have heard of in MO, just this year...we had a sighting on the lease, North of Kirksville.

Are there certain seasons for them critters? Looks like they would make an interesting foot stool.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Just a little more info. The owner of the house is 91 years old and was visiting her grand kids and great-grandkids in Georgia. While she was gone the critter climbed in a vent and got into the house. It ended up in the bedroom and somehow the door closed behind it. Thank goodness the door closed and the major damage was confined to the bedroom.

The lady's daughter came by to check on the house and encountered a terrible odor. :cool3:She finally go the door open and discovered the carnage. She called her nephew (the older ladies grandson). He found the carcass in the back of the closet. Luckily
the critter was a small one, I can't imagine what a full grown one would have done.:eek:

Hey Pinwheel did that carcass stain ever come out of the hardwood? BTW, the grandson says he and his wife used to shoot 3D with you and Mrs Pinwheel. Small world!!!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
crazy!

As for badgers...I've seen two in the last 3 years in MO

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Whitemarsh
Just a little more info. The owner of the house is 91 years old and was visiting her grand kids and great-grandkids in Georgia. While she was gone the critter climbed in a vent and got into the house. It ended up in the bedroom and somehow the door closed behind it. Thank goodness the door closed and the major damage was confined to the bedroom.

The lady's daughter came by to check on the house and encountered a terrible odor. :cool3:She finally go the door open and discovered the carnage. She called her nephew (the older ladies grandson). He found the carcass in the back of the closet. Luckily
the critter was a small one, I can't imagine what a full grown one would have done.:eek:

Hey Pinwheel did that carcass stain ever come out of the hardwood? BTW, the grandson says he and his wife used to shoot 3D with you and Mrs Pinwheel. Small world!!!
Mike, thanks for filling in the "rest of the story". Nope, the stain didn't come out. Luckily, it was in the closet & doesn't look too bad.
I remember Jeremy, super nice guy. He used to come over with Carrol Walker. Do you know him? Huge man with one arm that shoots with his teeth. He's won more state & national tournements than you can shake a stick at. Rode 1000's of miles in cars with him to different shoots.

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
i bet that stunk,we have had badgers around here as long as i can remember

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Originally posted by pinwheel

I remember Jeremy, super nice guy. He used to come over with Carrol Walker. Do you know him? Huge man with one arm that shoots with his teeth. He's won more state & national tournements than you can shake a stick at. Rode 1000's of miles in cars with him to different shoots.
Jeremy and I talked for quite a while at the Winigan Fair. He said the same thing about Carrol. I know Carrol, he lives at Green City and teachs at Novinger High School. I've eaten lunch with him many times and never knew he was a national champ. It is a shame that he could not compete at the Olympics because of his method of shooting.

My neighbor says he has badgers. I went over and looked at the dens. They look like super-sized ground hog holes. Never did see a critter, but the den is active.:eek:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually Carrol did compete in the olympics. He went to barcelona (sp). He used to still wear his jersey to some of the indoor shoots. He's one of the most humble men I've ever met. Like I said, I've spent a lot of time with him & have never heard him initiate a negative conversation about anyone. On a few rare occasions, I have actually heard him have a bad reply or 2, but it was very rare & always very deserved.

As for the badgers, I would be willing to donate a camera for a couple of weeks to see if we could get some pics of one of them. Interested?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.