Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.....I'm looking to pull this new boat with my 6 cylinder car. Anyone ever put a hitch on a car? I don't know where to start with this besides going to Pickup Palace in St. Joe. Anyone else know where to get this kinda thing done? Need to get a trailer light assembly put in too of course.

Anyone got an idea about a price to do this? I've got the ball, and that's it for here.

Any ideas and comments are appreciated.

I'll still suppose it may be better to just buy an old beater truck.....but I'm afraid the gas will kill me!

Parker

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Vince, your existing wiring on your car should have a connection that you can break and install a trailer wiring kit. A good Class II hitch 350 lb tongue weight and gross total weight of 3500lbs should run you around $150-$200 installed. The Class III which is 500lbs and 5000lbs respectively will cost you a little more. For you and the car a Class II should do it unless this is a 35' Scarab.:rotfl:

Jack

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
Call around---Believe it or not I have seen some very good prices from U-Haul in the past. With your vehicle I dont think you will want anything over a 200lb tounge weight with a 2,000 load.----I'm guessing it should come in just over 100.00 installed with the wireing as well as a new 2" trailer ball----:cheers:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
You might try Woodworth trailers here in Livingston Co. They are located on 190 about 4 miles East of U blacktop along the north side of the road.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Plasticman
it should come in just over 100.00 installed with the wireing as well as a new 2" trailer ball----:cheers:
THAT'S the kinds price that I'm looking for! :D

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
You might try Woodworth trailers here in Livingston Co. They are located on 190 about 4 miles East of U blacktop along the north side of the road.
Thank ya!

Parker

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Man, there has GOT to be a ******* joke here somewhere....lol!!!!!!!
I agree!! Something involving bungie straps, duct tape and bailing twine!

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
Parker why go to the trouble of putting on a hitch on your car when all you have to do is invite me along and I'll bring my truck. It is ready to go including the wiring to fit your trailer. Problem solved. :roll2:

·
Registered
835 Posts
What size boat/load are you going to pull with that car? Most cars are uni-body construction and do not have a heavy frame for towing heavy loads. Also, the brakes on many cars are not really designed for towing. I have seen some cars pulling some heafty loads, and it amazes me. It's not a problem until you have to make a sudden stop or serious evasive manuver. Keep that in mind before you attach a 4,000 lb trailer to a 3000lb car.

Once, they bent the frame of a 2003 Suburban pulling a large John Deer tractor on a flat bed trailer. They hadn't got to the end of the lane and onto the highway before it bent. I don't know how they planned to stop that load safely. By the way, Chevy doesn't warrenty bent frames caused while trailering.

·
5,631 Posts
novicehunter, he's got a small boat. I think MM's right. It won't weight much over 1000lbs if that.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
It won't even go close to 1000. I can pick up the back end, trailer and boat without the motor attached.

Parker
Yeah but by the time ya put all yer snacks in there it will weigh about 2000lbs.:hysterical:

Jack;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
all the added stuff you need to buy to get a boat on the water, its almost like watchin Lucy and Ricky pull that big yellow trailer!:rotfl::rotfl:

wow, now IM startin to sound OLD!:hysterical:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.