ever caught something like this?

Discussion in 'Fishing Photo Gallery' started by mac1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. redneck7113

redneck7113 Member

Aug 25, 2011
    My seven year old when he was about 4 or 5 was attempting to cast his bobber and worm and hooked me in the tricep in the process. I wasn't paying attention when he hooked me and didn't sctually realize he had hooked me til he started jerking on the line cuz he was "stuck in the grass" :rof2: Had i been paying attention to him i wouldn't have to cut the hook off to remove it. He got the hang of "setting" the hook pretty quick!
  2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Son of a gun! You guys are spooking me about bass fishing in the morning!

3. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    My brother reached to pull a bass off a crankbait he was using in the wappapello spillway. It head shook and buried the treble into the end of his index finger. He had the fish still attached to the bait when he walked over to me to help him. I got the fish off and tried to remove the hook but it was to deep. We drove to the hospital in poplar bluff to get it removed. I still remember the look on the lady's face at the desk at the ER when my brother laid his hand on her desk and said " I would like this removed". Luckily I have never had a hook go in past the barb yet.
  4. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

I got my line stuck in a tree behind me one time fishing with Dad and Grandpa in a slew. Grandpa got tee'd off at it and yanked it out of the tree, hook completely buried in his arm. Tried pushing the hook out about it was buried in a bad angle. Finally he whipped out his pocket knife and made a cut into his arm and out came the whole thing. Took his rag and tied it over the cut and kept fishing. People who don't think that was the most BA generation just don't understand!:wave:

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Know of a feller that ended up with 7 out of 9 hook points on a suspending rogue in his ear. Had to drive himself to the Doctor cause the fish were biting and his BIL wouldn't quit fishing.
  6. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

As the saying goes........

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day,,,,,,,,

teach a kid to fish and you will end up with a hook in your ear!

I've had it twice!
  7. HuntNFish75

HuntNFish75 Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Jefferson City area
    I've done that a couple times, my cousin got hit in the eye with a 5oz no roll weight last summer on the MO when his wife went to cast, had to have the eye removed surgically.

Worst one I've seen was a buddy of mine ran a 14/0 snagging hook through his hand last year, couldn't run it through because 2 of the hooks penetrated his hand, took the DR 2.5 hours to get everything out.
  8. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.