ever caught something like this?

Discussion in 'Fishing Photo Gallery' started by mac1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Mar 1, 2005
    St. Peters, MO
    YIKES, I can't deal with this thread anymore !!!
  2. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Hooked in my back twice by the same lure. I wasn't casting, someone else was. They put just about everything into it they had...... :eek:

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When Mikey was little, we were fishing at the lake in our subdivision and he thought he could cast okay. I watched the hook sail in front of my face. :eek:
  4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    When I was 5 years old I ran a treble hook through the web of skin betwen my thumb and index finger.....not sure how I did it and I don't remember them removing it.

Hooked my little sister with a rooster tail in the back of her head.....she walked behind me as I was casting. I got in trouble for not knowing where she was.

My grandfather hooked my dad in the jaw with a daredevil spoon in Canada. Grandpa got out his side cutters, some ice and a vial of Valium. He used the ice on dad, took the valium for himself and proceeded to cut the hook out of dads jaw.
  5. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I had that happen to me as a kid. My dad got a hook cought in my neck. He said "Don't walk behind me when I'm casting." Guess where I walked.:stickfight:
  6. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Ive caught one, but never a grey haired one........:wave:

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    A buddy hooked the back of his ear with a rattle trap once. I had to push the hook thru and cut it.

My mom got hooked on the eyebrow with a minnow tipped crappie jig once(I think my dad was the one that did it)...I'll try to find the pic and scan it.
    She was more freaked out with the minnow danglin in her eye!
  8. I-55 Bandit

I-55 Bandit New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    St. Louis
    never hooked bad but did jerk a 1/4oz jighead into my knee cap while kayaking...pretty painful
  9. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    [rquote=2195838&tid=153336&author=WashmoBilly]When I was about 8 I caught my 22 year old sister in the boob. She was not happy....[/rquote]
    haha! I guess not... :rof2:
  10. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    [rquote=2195838&tid=153336&author=WashmoBilly]When I was about 8 I caught my 22 year old sister in the boob. She was not happy....[/rquote]

I'll ask to see her scar next time I run into her......

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

[rquote=2196482&tid=153336&author=Big_Bullseye][rquote=2195838&tid=153336&author=WashmoBilly]When I was about 8 I caught my 22 year old sister in the boob. She was not happy....[/rquote]

I'll ask to see her scar next time I run into her......[/rquote]

Let us Know how that works out for You :stickfight:
  12. mac1

mac1 New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    St. Louis
    Just think. Most wives think fishing is all fun. It's dangerous out there!!!!:D
  13. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Had it happen a couple times. Had my son on a float trip with me when he was about 4 and I was hooking the fish, handing him the rod and letting him reel in the smallies. I had just taken one off and still had the lure in my hand when he jerked it and set the hook. Was able to push it through on that one and cut the barb.
    The one time I had to go to the ER, I was floating alone and threw over a limb and the Bandit 100 series crankbait sailed right into my leg about four inches above my knee and sank past the curve of the hook. I was able to take the hook off of the bait, but still had about 2.5 hours of the float left. I managed to hit it with the paddle about 3 times :eek:
  14. mac1

mac1 New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    St. Louis
    [rquote=2196326&tid=153336&author=Cedar Thicket]

Ive caught one, but never a grey haired one........:wave:

The hair is white bucko!!!!:D
  15. When I was a kid I accidentally spilled my tackle box and apparently didn't clean it up as good as I thought I did. I was playing a game bare foot sometime later that week, drug my foot cross the carpet, next thing I know there is a cat fish hook stuck in my heel passed the barb, all the way in. Walked down stairs to tell my pops, he said "that looks painful what'd you do that for... Boy I am gonna have to get some pliers push that hook out another hole clip off the end and then pull the rest out, this is going to hurt real bad I'll get you a leather belt to bite on" I don't think most people realize how tuff human heel meat is, it did not just glide right through, Pops was struggling a bit to get it to poke out a new hole. Once it did he had to snip off the rest of the hook which felt like he was cutting off a toe. Finally, I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to put those little extra spikey barbs on the back off catch fish hooks, but no thanks to you very much for doing so.

[Edited on 6-21-2012 by venatic]
  16. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I hooked my eyebrow and lip with a large stickbait once. we was done fishing and I went to hook the lure in the eyelet of the rod and apently my hand slipped off the lure and it sprang right up into my face. my buddies got a big kick out of and had to push it through my lip and eyebrow and cut the hook. I still used that same lure for a couple more years with 2 hooks on my treble hooks instead of 3.
  17. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    there was another time there was 4 of us in a 14 foot jon boat and my brother kept insisting on casting side arm. and wham he caught me in the throat with a minnow tipped hook (for some reason he couldn't just drop the minnow straight down like everyone else. and when he caught my throat he started jerking on the line and actualy broke the line while trying to pull the hook out of me. by the time the line broke it ripped enough flesh that the hook pretty much fell out without the tension on it.

and the time me and my brother was fishing on a dock and he got snagged. I wrapped the line around the my hand and walked backwards to break the line......and walked right off the back of the dock. the line cut deep in my hand and I could see bone :eek:
  18. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    Knew a couple of brithers that were fishing and one walked behind the other just as he was casting. Caught him in the eye and when he went to throw it out it pulled his eye out.
  19. adamwytt

adamwytt New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    I caught my dad in the face with a jitterbug, both treble hooks inbedded, i still remember the nurses saying, "wheres the guy with the bug on his face".
  20. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    been there done that ..... spinner bait got caught in the wind and slammed it into my ear. Dad cut the hook and pushed it through