Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No worries- I'll probably tinker w a few a mixtures & see if anything seems like a keeper.

·
Crossbows!!!!
6,787 Posts
No worries- I'll probably tinker w a few a mixtures & see if anything seems like a keeper.
If you don't come up with something that you like get a stick of Evercalm , it's the best cover scent on the market :wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 oz = 30 ml bottle is $5-19 depending on scent. Basic scents are cheaper and the geranium is on the higher end. Rose is also very high.

There are 20-30 drops in a ml depending on the size of the drop. So say there are on the low end 20 drops x 30 ml = 600 drops in a bottle. I mixed up a 30 ml bottle of geranium using grape seed oil and 10 drops of geranium for my psoriasis. It's pretty strong when its fresh on my skin after a shower. So by those calculations I could make 60 oz of scent at that strength for $18.

The grape seed oil is called the "carrier oil".

I just bought some cedarwood and it smells pretty good. You could also use pine or something of that nature.

I use the NOW brand http://www.nowfoods.com/Personal-Care/Ingredients-Guide/Essential-Oils/

Here's a pretty detailed list where you can click on each one to see what it does.
List of Essential Oils | Organic Facts

That's awesome you did natural birth. If I wanted to have a kid I would have a mid wife birth the child and not give them a SS# or any of those horrible injections they hammer them with right after birth. I would let them decide, when they are of age if they want to become collateral and sell themselves to the US government with a SS# or lead their life free.
Ticks are obsessed with me and I keep seeing these mixtures to try with essential oils but I wondered if that would be bad for deer hunting? I'm more new to hunting but I wondered if it would give me away or be ok? Thanks for any advice!

·
just a no body
14,286 Posts
Ticks are obsessed with me and I keep seeing these mixtures to try with essential oils but I wondered if that would be bad for deer hunting? I'm more new to hunting but I wondered if it would give me away or be ok? Thanks for any advice!
you best best bet is using the wind and scent free as possible,,anything out of the ordinary will alert the deer from a long wayaway

·
Under appreciated
86,837 Posts
I think the oil best used for scent elimination comes from snakes.

·
Registered
31,395 Posts
I use permethrin on my clothes for ticks. I don't believe cover scents work to prevent deer from smelling us so I don't care if the permethrin smells a little bit either. I just hate ticks.

Reactions: beanpile
21 - 28 of 28 Posts