Erickson's 2015 Journal

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by eodbowhunter, Oct 25, 2015.

1. eodbowhunter

eodbowhunter New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    24 Oct 2015
    First time I had a chance to get out since moving to Missouri. Got to my stand around 0630. Hit the can call at 0745 and had a nice doe walk by at 0800. Hit the can a few more times and tried out the grunt call and a little rattling at 0830 and had another doe and two fawns come by at 0845. Had to cut the morning outing shorter than I would have liked with still trying to get things done at the house, but a great morning hunt.

2 does and 2 fawns

2. eodbowhunter

eodbowhunter New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    14 Jan 2016

Exciting first year to Bowhunt in Missouri. I have been to three different Conservation Areas (Martha Perry, Hazel Hill, and O'Connor Fewell).

Martha Perry - Lots of oaks, good spot before rifle season opens I think. Hunted during Muzzleloader and late bow season. Lots of deer sign, will need to chexknot out next year in Sept amd Oct.

Hazel Hill - saw 3 nice bucks and 1 little one. No shot oppurtunities and lots of hunters. Nice because it is close to the house but will most likely stay away from it next year.

Hazel Hill - Bow and muzzle loader only. Saw 2 shooters and 1 small buck. Lots of deer sign and one of my favorite spots so far. Kind of small and can get busy though. Saw a nice buck on 13 Jan. Hope to get a chance at him on the 15th. If not, I know where he will be next year.